Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S7 256GB SSD 8GB Ram 5G UK Availability (Mad Cow Post)

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 12:36 PM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I emailed President & CEO Escalations at Samsung Uk,  Mr Sean Archer on this issue. Here is his reply.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus and your desire for the 256GB version.

Regrettably we must advise that there are currently no plans to release the 256GB version within the UK. Therefore, as we operate on a subsidiary basis, any retailers or Samsung stores within the UK can only support products that are released within our shores and therefore are unable to source this model from overseas.

We are sorry that we cannot provide a more positive response and hope that the 128GB version will be a consideration.

Kind regards

Sean Archer
President & CEO Escalations
Samsung UK & Ireland

Sorry folks, you can't say I didn't try. Could this be another consequence of Brexit i wonder. What makes customers in the UK different from customers in Germany for instance, because they can get the better product but not us. I am not saying outright that it's something related to Brexit, but what else could it be makes you think though. So what do you think about the Situation. Brilliant Samsung sales strategy or short sighted buisness decision. 

29 REPLIES 29
Axel2020
First Poster
Options
Completely agree. Also coming from an S6 WiFi 8gb RAM 256gb model. Really like the look of the S7+ but absolutely bewildered that the higher spec models are not being released in the UK. If I'm going to splash the cash on the S7+, it's as an upgrade. Where does downgrading to lower RAM and storage fit into that?

The only power we have as consumers is voting with our wallets, so I'll either go the iPad pro route or wait in the hope that Samsung UK see sense and make the higher spec models available. Really cheesed off.
0 Likes
rush919
First Poster
Options

This is so frustrating. Why can we only get the 6gb RAM version of this tab s7 plus in the UK?

I am so tempted to buy the galaxy tab s7 plus but I just cannot justify spending that much money and having the option only to buy an inferior version of the product. I understand some will argue that you may not see a difference in day to day performance between the 6gb and 8gb version - but for a product that is touted as a multitasking device and with features such as Dex which invariably will eat up RAM to perform smoothly, it just seems illogical to purchase a 6gb version if you intend to use it for these purposes. In addition, I would also question whether the 8gb version would be more future proof compared to the 6gb version?

These are the same frustrations I had with the Note line-up and exynos chipset this year! I'm sure Samsung has some sort of business rationale for consistently not selling their best specifications to the UK market but surely they are losing customers by not doing so.

0 Likes
TJ_
First Poster
Options

Hi guys. New poster here.

Would you guys advise ordering the 8gb ram version from Amazon Germany? There doesn't seem to be an inkling or impetus to bring that version available in the UK anytime soon. Has anyone tried to do this? I'd like to know the thoughts on anyone on the matter.

Cheers. 

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Hi TJ_
I was considering importing the higher (true flagship) spec model from Germany but I decided against it because Samsung won't do any repairs under warranty as you've taken it upon yourself importing the model Samsung UK doesn't seem to want to recognize. Stupid corporate bloody minded thinking on their part, feels like customer service satisfaction isn't high on Samsung UK's agenda. I can almost predict their small close-minded attitude, "working for Samsung UK is great but for customers making requests that I don't think are important, I know whats best not them who do they think they are". As I now own the UK purchased tablet I can say that when using it on a day to day experience, I do miss the extra ram. Feels like it's just about adequate doing memory intensive work, taking longer to complete tasks that my Tab S6 would fly through. That being said I love the UK Tab S7+ I have, the bigger vibrant screen is the selling point for me here, but in truth I still have a very small pinch of buyers remorse at times.

Dennycraine.
TJ_
First Poster
Options

Thanks for responding. 

I was thinking about the issue of repairs. It's insanely annoying. I've held off on making a purchase of any kind in hope that something happens. Misplaced hope, I know. I can't see them changing their mind now. It's frustrating. I need a new tablet and I saved money for the model not available to the UK. I can only sigh in frustration at this point.

Not sure where to go from here. I can easily purchase what is available here in the UK but I don't like purchasing a product that'll remind me of the one I actually wanted. I can only mull over it through lockdown and December. Not sure I'll change my mind but if there's no change on Samsung's end, I may reluctantly make the purchase. Thanks a lot for letting me know your experience with your table.

TJ

0 Likes
HamadTy
Journeyman
Options
well they are some good points but I think personally the main reason this is, is because the profit margins would not be as great for them if they make it in UK, so them to make and manufacture in UK it would also cost a lot too just like the 5G variant cost £999. UK has very competitive business standards so it makes it hard for companies to Penetrate its market. Also I think it would be the reverse effect which would put them with US, Australia and etc if brexit happens because then they can have a trade deal directly with countries and businesses rather than taxes from EU and etc. something to look into but absolutely gutted I couldn't get the 8GB ram on the tabs and snapdragon processor on the note20 ultra😑
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Hi HamadTy, I would agree whole heartedly with you except for the points I had made earlier. Why does Portugal get the better deal & spec products when their economy is worse off than most other countries in their area. Same goes for the Turks, great people frightful leaders, who seem to be concerned with making war & showing contempt to the EU for not excepting their application to join the trading block. why is the Samsung offering better for Turkey than for the UK and some other countries around the world. I feel there's more than Socio economic forces at work here driving these decisions, incentivisation is a great marketing tool but come on keep it fair for all, or not atall.
0 Likes
HamadTy
Journeyman
Options
Portugals are not as advanced in business law when compared to the UK system, im a business student, studying A leves, Dennycrane I can assure you London will look for reforms in their business deals and what they allow in the UK right now. EU laws and regulations eat in
to the chunks of profit also like I noted before apple give out the same product too everyone, the reason why that is, is because apple as a big leading tech company has the power to push through on some loose ends of even countries but unfortunately samsun lacks that financial prowess soo they do business by the rules, I can't blame them for this because its how it is but hopefully this can change atleast in the next 2 years if not now. You can look into after extensive research I find this to be the exact case in UKs diminish of business power and the control of business demand. search it 😁
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Are you saying that it's not the fault of Samsung that they offer better deals to different countries it's the government that's in power that sets what companies can & can't offer as incentives to promote their goods. If that is what you're saying then I don't recognize the free market that you speak of. Let's take the EU state of Portugal as my example again, Samsung offers better spec Tab S7 Plus 5G, with a better trade in option for example the ability to use the 2019 flagship Tab S6 as part of the trade in offer giving a superior trade in price, but not allowing the same offerings to the UK. Bearing in mind as that time the UK was still a member of the EU trading block (and if I had my way we still would be, but the democratic result has to be enforced so I have no option but to become less European by law), and by law the UK government had no say in any way whatsoever what Samsung products & services could or couldn't be offered to UK or EU citizens. So it's my belief that Samsung were (and are) cherry picking what countries would (and do) get the best deals not the EU or UK governments. If I am wrong in this then point it out to me, as I don't know everything I just have my opinion that can & will be changed as long as there's positive proof beyond doubt.
0 Likes
HamadTy
Journeyman
Options
Completely understand and nicely said, but if you look at the UK its in a very disadvantaged geographical area so these are things they measure to make up for there isolation, if you look at the other European countries its very easy to do businesses between themselves rather than establishing a tie with UK because again like I specified UK has a very competitive business market, this is a system made by the law established by the government, if you look USA have good ties with UK, hence why their tech companies offer the same as the other countries but because Samsung is not as big and is not represented by the country US, it makes it hard for them to follow UK law. I will point out an example to make you understand. Netflix is also a prime example, what shows, movies, animes you can see in the US server were alot more than the UK server thats because Netflix cannot put it up on there platform, this is because of laws and regulations violated, by Netflix hence why the offer a lesser service in UK then US. US is a very free country which trades on a massive scale so they tend to get cheaper stuff with the quality. So now the same thing can be said for Samsung, also I'm pretty sure as a bright company with innovations , they wouldn't sabotage any higher margin of success "just because they're cherry picking". This has only affected UK in a bad way though. UK will however see better days because even as we speak they are forming deals with Australia, Japan, New Zealand and US to get better trade deals than they had when with EU.
0 Likes