Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S7 256GB SSD 8GB Ram 5G UK Availability (Mad Cow Post)

(Topic created on: 23-08-2020 03:25 PM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I emailed President & CEO Escalations at Samsung Uk,  Mr Sean Archer on this issue. Here is his reply.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus and your desire for the 256GB version.

Regrettably we must advise that there are currently no plans to release the 256GB version within the UK. Therefore, as we operate on a subsidiary basis, any retailers or Samsung stores within the UK can only support products that are released within our shores and therefore are unable to source this model from overseas.

We are sorry that we cannot provide a more positive response and hope that the 128GB version will be a consideration.

Kind regards

Sean Archer
President & CEO Escalations
Samsung UK & Ireland

Sorry folks, you can't say I didn't try. Could this be another consequence of Brexit i wonder. What makes customers in the UK different from customers in Germany for instance, because they can get the better product but not us. I am not saying outright that it's something related to Brexit, but what else could it be makes you think though. So what do you think about the Situation. Brilliant Samsung sales strategy or short sighted buisness decision. 

29 REPLIES 29
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I have bitten the bullet and pre-ordered the Tab7 plus 5G. thanks again for being my sounding board. well you've got to treat yourself sometime. in saying that the next piece of Samsung tech I want is the flagship 9.1.4 soundbar HW-Q950T. I think that hits our shores sometime in September or October. don't know the price yet but I estimate £1500.00 or so.
arunvai
Apprentice
Options

Amazon Germany (samsung store) delivers 8gb ram version to UK. it is also available to pre order. i never ordered from stores outside UK. could you guys please tell me whether it is OK to order from Amazon Germany and will it cover warranty and support? thanks in advance.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@arunvai wrote:

Amazon Germany (samsung store) delivers 8gb ram version to UK. it is also available to pre order. i never ordered from stores outside UK. could you guys please tell me whether it is OK to order from Amazon Germany and will it cover warranty and support? thanks in advance.

Hi @arunvai  As far as Samsung warranty goes:

Consumers who are using a product in a country in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“Europe”) which was first purchased in another country in Europe can obtain warranty services. The period of the warranty and the warranty service provided will be those of the country in Europe where the warranty claim is made. "

Uk information here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/    Think though if purchasing from Amazon they would be your first port of call, Eu have 2 year minimum guarantee https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/shopping-consumer-rights/index_en.htm#fault...    However the Uk will not be in the European Economic area after the transition period  ends (presumably at end of 2020)    Some Uncertainty afterwards and this from the which guide :

Shopping outside the UK after Brexit

All the same consumer rights still apply to goods and services bought from retailers based in the EU during the transition period. When you shop online, read the terms and conditions to see what governing law applies, as you won't be protected in the same way as if you bought from a UK retailer. If you're buying from a marketplace, be aware that sellers can be from all over the EU.   https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-will-brexit-affect-my-consumer-rights#how-does-br... 

A lot of our laws are the same as other EU countries, but the right to get a refund after 30 days for a faulty product  is UK specific.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
williajo502
Journeyman
Options
This does frustrate me as I really wanted the version with 8gb ram (like my tab s6). My best guess is that there were a very small proportion of tab s6's sold with the larger memory, so this is the trade off manufacture / support cost vs demand. Disappointing and tempting to get the larger model from France even though there would be no UK warranty. Can't help think that Samsung have missed a trick here - if you want a new market (i.e. compete with the iPad Pro 12.9) then you can't look backwards at your data to a time when you didn't compete...
MacSteve
Journeyman
Options

TBH

I was interested in possibly upgrading from the S6 to the S7+, but the drop in specs put a stop to that, and even though Samsung will offer €300 on trade in, I could get more than that even from the likes of CEX with the included keyboard cover, never mind private sale.

Certainly would be considering going to Amazon.de if I went that route but very much 50/50 on the upgrade idea.

arunvai
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for the finding this information for me 🙏. I was waiting for this tablet for quite some time and it is frustrating that i can't order the best version of it. i am just going to wait till 8GB RAM version is released in UK. thanks once again.

LUFC
Student
Options

Why would you release a tablet to compete with the iPad Pro and withhold the top spec model? It makes zero sense. I was considering both tablets but not being able to get the faster tablet with more storage has made my decision easy and I will be getting an iPad Pro.

Very poor from Samsung.

0 Likes
Tofa
Explorer
Options

If this video is correct, the 256GB and 512GB versions might be faster?

See from 2min 17s

https://youtu.be/vReH6f99EU4

I can't find anything to verify this though, anyone know?

LUFC
Student
Options

It will be. More ram and also if you compare the onboard storage its going to be faster. As soon as you go beyond the 128gb storage, anything stored on an sd card is going to suffer significantly slower read write times to that of the onboard storage.

So basically if you're in the UK market and want the best tablet money can buy, the iPad pro is still the only option.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Depends to an extent on the quality of the SD card but  primary storage will certainly be faster, even with the premium cards.   Some pros and cons of  SD cards here https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/12-advantages-disadvantages-using-sd-card  It is not really advisable to use the cards for Apps https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/02/13/sandisk-a2-and-400gb-microsd-roundup-review-buy-for-storage... 

Review of Best Sd cards here https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/storage/1405596/best-microsd-cards-the-best-microsd-cards 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes