Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S7 256GB SSD 8GB Ram 5G UK Availability (Mad Cow Post)

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 11:57 PM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I emailed President & CEO Escalations at Samsung Uk,  Mr Sean Archer on this issue. Here is his reply.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus and your desire for the 256GB version.

Regrettably we must advise that there are currently no plans to release the 256GB version within the UK. Therefore, as we operate on a subsidiary basis, any retailers or Samsung stores within the UK can only support products that are released within our shores and therefore are unable to source this model from overseas.

We are sorry that we cannot provide a more positive response and hope that the 128GB version will be a consideration.

Kind regards

Sean Archer
President & CEO Escalations
Samsung UK & Ireland

Sorry folks, you can't say I didn't try. Could this be another consequence of Brexit i wonder. What makes customers in the UK different from customers in Germany for instance, because they can get the better product but not us. I am not saying outright that it's something related to Brexit, but what else could it be makes you think though. So what do you think about the Situation. Brilliant Samsung sales strategy or short sighted buisness decision. 

29 REPLIES 29
angus778
First Poster
Options
probably because there's no trade deal in place that's what I think
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
well yes and no, if you glance the models listed then your quite right, but look closer & you'll see any other Samsung tablet, but that only gets you £50.00. better taking your tablet to CEX i checked with them online and I could get £279.00 trade in for cash.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dennycrane   Thanks for posting  your communication with  the Uk/Ireland  CEO,  though suspected the 256GB version  of the Tab S7 plus was not going to be available in the short term.  It is the case that some versions of products are not always universally available in all markets though.   Uncertainty on trade  may be a factor but   some European markets though expected to as badly hit economically by  Covid-19 as Uk,  ultimately Business decision and could be a few reasons.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
JAMES4578, thanks for the input. I must admit I hadn't thought about short term stock supply issues. But your idea about the UK economy and Covid-19, i can't subscribe too that. On a whim I looked at stock availability in a couple of random countries. Turkey - war torn country, economy on life support and are involved with the Syrian conflict. Guess what they can pre-order the higher spec model. Spain - tourist trade severally hit by Covid-19, one of the poorest countries in the Euro zone, higer spec stock available to pre-order. Great Britain, well I never thought that we would rank lower than Turkey or Spain, in football yes but not on economic forcasts who knew.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes I did check a few European countries including Spain so short term economic outlook may not be only factor.  Latest 0ECD figures for first six months released shows the contraction in GDP only marginally worse in Spain (-22.7% compared to -22.1 in  Uk)   In April- June period UK slump at 20.4 % was around 6 points worse than Spain.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
that maybe true, but our economy remember is one of the largest in the world. Adults have more disposable income here. Did you check the stats on Turkey though, I am but a lowly Samsung customer, wanting the best my money can buy. please forgive this question, but are you a customer & Samsung fan like me or are you a moderator working in the pay of Samsung or any of their agents. Just asking I'm not throwing shade on you, as you can never know who's who on the Internet, just ask the Doctor (who)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

yes I have checked out Turkey's stats and certainly Uk  Disposable Income higher than some European countries.   Other factors may be at play.

As for your question I am also a Samsung customer and fan but have the status of Superuser on the Community.  Superusers are not employed  by Samsung or affiliates but basically volunteers who send some of their time assisting customers and engage with the Community.  

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for your honest answers JAMES4578, hope I didn't cause you any offence cos that's not what I'm about. As a new(ish) member I wasn't sure of the way your answers were worded. I have known company shills in my time ie people who spout their version of the company line no matter what and somtimes getting it wrong causing misinformation and confusion (fake news). thankfully I was in the wrong here. its been over a week now & I still feel let down & disappointed at not being able to purchase Samsung's very best version of their flagship. just worried that the 6GB ram will hinder me in my use of it video editing, multitasking or anything else that is ram intensive. The storage is less of a sore point, more inconvenient than sore, having to purchase micro sd's or using more cloud space. Still don't know what to do, order it then maybe suffer buyers remorse ruining my experience as a user or trust that the CPU will be more than enough of a workhorse to cope with less ram.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dennycrane  It is fine.    I  agree that  that the 6 GB Ram  is disappointing (when I have for instance 8 GB  in my S10)  , however would imagine that  with the powerful SnapDragon 865 + Processor  should not be too much of an issue for many users.

Some hands on experience in this review https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/samsung/1412322/samsung-galaxy-tab-s7-plus-review 

0 Likes