Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 Unresponsive screen Issues

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 12:13 PM)
melissaatalay
Student
Options

hi all, recently bought my tab s6 2 weeks ago, as you know there was a new one ui update as i installed it I just left it for an hour or 2 I had come back and unlocked my tablet it was not letting me use the touch screen with my fingers it was completely not moving at all, but the thing is the s pen is the only thing letting me use the screen  but not my fingers I don't understand, I've soft reset etc, restarted a bunch of times and factory reset it. Still nothing but whats the weird part, its still happening out of nowhere why?.... I've tried contacting Samsung and they've given me useless advice its literally brand new. I really hope I am not the only one here. 

17 REPLIES 17
Prasadk
First Poster
Options

hi,

I'm facing same issue. Tab only responds to s-pen, it doesn't respond to fingers.

Did you get the issue resolved.

Chrishuy
First Poster
Options

Hello, I'm also experiencing the same exact issue. Have you resolved this problem? If so, what was the solution?

0 Likes
melissaatalay
Student
Options

Hi all i had contact samsung customer service and I had to get a replacement 

0 Likes
CLF
Journeyman
Options
I have an older version, Tab S2, doesn't have a pen, but the screen just goes blank, and each time I try the on/off button, a green light, a dot, is all I can see, but the device is still working in the background - after several attempts, the screen then responds, very frustrating
0 Likes
CLF
Journeyman
Options
The only advice that I have been given by Samsung is to send it for repair, as rebooting or even restoring to factory settings have not worked, but I am concerned at the repair costs
0 Likes
Members_9kujiOG
First Poster
Options

The same exact issue here, the only difference for me is that it sometimes works and when it doesn't work I need to press the on/off button,  then the screen will respond to my finger for a couple of minutes until I have to repeat the process. Extremely frustrating...

Members_OXVh5Ut
First Poster
Options

Same thing here, I live UAE when this happened I went samsung store and asked they said it will coast 1200 AED.

We need to ask them.

0 Likes
Mikey7719
Apprentice
Options

i’m having the exact same issue. I just got this thing three weeks ago. It would be a nice tablet if it worked well. I ended up sending it back to Samsung under warranty. We’ll see if they replace it or repair it? I’ve done all the above as far as resetting and restarting. Nothing has worked. It seems they are still creating these tablets with the same issues.

0 Likes
Imran khan
First Poster
Options

Hi I am Imran .from India, in have Samsung tab S6 . I have the same problem screen is not working touch but pencil work’s what is the. Solution plz 

0 Likes