Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 Spen issues

(Topic created on: 19-10-2019 09:32 AM)
Scott17
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone else having issues with the tab  S6 Spen where it draws without the nib actually touching the screen? It's making it pretty unusable and the main reason for purchasing this tablet was for the Spen and ability to fill out and sign documents without the need of printing. I've tried changing the nib in the pen and nothing fixes it the closest fix I've found is pressing on the nib really hard but that only fixes it for a minute at most. 

33 REPLIES 33
kaphskcin
First Poster
Options

I also had this issue, started about a week after I got my new tab S6. Tried resetting the stylus but it did not fix it. Issue turned out to be the tip of the s-pen, popped a new tip in there and it's back to working like a dream.

ttscarvalho2
First Poster
Options

no need to ask to samsung service you just need to remove the stick ( white or black ) from the spen , clean a little and try again if that don't work , just change the little stick (in the spen) ( there are 2 more stick ( white/black) in the tab s6 box )
i had the same issu and now the problem is gone

0 Likes
Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options

I have this same problem. Contacted Samsung support and no amount of resetting could resolve it. Finally took it back to support service center and they changed the pen. New pen works perfectly.

0 Likes
Molyfe
Student
Options

Hi, I am having issues typing and selecting apps on screen with the pen. I tried to reset it but the issue is still pressing. 

0 Likes
alpraldmr
First Poster
Options

I also had that problem and the solution for me was just to strike Spen in its vertical position and hit it to a smooth surface a couple of times. Although it is strange, it worked for me.  

Molyfe
Student
Options

@alpraldmr wrote:

I also had that problem and the solution for me was just to strike Spen in its vertical position and hit it to a smooth surface a couple of times. Although it is strange, it worked for me.  

Wow That actually worked!! Thanks a lot!!

0 Likes
martinluther
First Poster
Options

hi there my dad bought his TAB 6s in January and yesterday his pen got really hypersentive and mucking around. but reading this forum we decided as silly as it was, to give it a go, as there is nothing to lose and thanks so much. it did work.

0 Likes
RaidenMaiden
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 S pen started making really crazy movements also. I read where one user took out the nib, cleaned it, and put it back. I tried the same by pulling the nib out with the little gadget that comes with the tablet. I cleaned the nib carefully with alcohol and replaced it. Then I thoroughly cleaned the surface of my tablet as well. So far, so good. It seems reasonable to me that this could change the sensitivity of the nib if it was coated in grime (think about how many times we touch the surface of our tablets with our fingers!) 

0 Likes
DakiniRoxi
Student
Options

Sorry, but this is not helpful...'Samsung Members' doesn't exist on my tablet...Samsung Account does...but it doesn't lead to GET HELP... 

I am having the same issue! All of a sudden the pen is acting out! HOW DO I RESET IT? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
DakiniRoxi
Student
Options

Ok...this works...Thank you! 

0 Likes