Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s6 one UI 4.1, icon sizing

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 06:48 PM)
cemerson
Student
Options
Just updated mytab s6 and I restart it to find all my app icon are tiny with the title being bigger. 

I've noticed aswell on the home screen that in portrait the sides have a massive empty spaces on both sides. This update looks like it has just been thrown on without any optimising. 

I can't find any settings to change it and I just wish I can roll the update back.
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@cemerson: Can you try heading to Settings > Home screen, and change the Home Screen Grid and Apps Screen Grid to 4x5, if applicable. If the grid is set to higher number of apps/rows, e.g. 5x6, then the icons will appear smaller to accommodate them. 

0 Likes
cemerson
Student
Options
I tried but it only moved the apps around and doesn't change their size. Even with a few on my apps that I had before the update, it has just thrown their HUD sizes out of wack.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There were teething problems like this with Android 11 when it arrived on my Tab A7. I reported them and some but not all were fixed. The lock screen still has a stupidly short timeout with the tablet going to sleep far to quickly. Initially the pin entry on it was also so small I was tapping the wrong numbers but they did accept that and fix it.
0 Likes