Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s6 LTE quick share issue

(Topic created on: 27-04-2020 05:04 AM)
JithJ450
Journeyman
Options

I'm having an issue with the new quick-share feature on the Tab S6 with One UI 2.1 update. I own a S10+ which, when I try to quick share a file from my Tab to it never connects to the phone. PS: the Tab detects the phone as a quick share device and tries to connect but eventually says failed. This occurs only with the s10+ as I tried quick share to another Samsung device from the Tab and that worked perfectly fine. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help as I really need this feature for most of my school work. Please also note that quick share from the phone to the Tab works flawlessly.

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@JithJ450: This is a strange one. Can you confirm which Samsung device you were able to successfully send files to from the Tab S6?
0 Likes
JithJ450
Journeyman
Options

I can successfully send files to the Tab from my s10 plus but the s10plus like stated b4 weirdly doesn't receive files from the Tab although it is detected by the Tab 

0 Likes
JithJ450
Journeyman
Options
I also have an s9 plus which successfully receives files from the Tab
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@JithJ450: Can you double check to make sure that Quick Share is enabled on the S10+? Similarly, can you try disabling Quick Share on the S9+ to see if this helps? Can you also go to Settings > Software Update on the S10+ to check for any available updates that might address this?
0 Likes
JithJ450
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried all that to no avail, in fact I entirely switched off the s9 plus, restarted the other to devices and still nothing 😞

0 Likes
RFrenchy21
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with the same 2 devices.  I can quick share to my Tab S6 from my S10+, but not the other way around.  Has there been any news on this?

JithJ450
Journeyman
Options

@RFrenchy21 wrote:

I have the same issue with the same 2 devices.  I can quick share to my Tab S6 from my S10+, but not the other way around.  Has there been any news on this?

Yes I had to do a network settings reset on both the devices and it works fine both ways now. P.S THE NETWORK SETTINGS RESET WILL, DELETE ALL OF YOUR PAIRED BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND FORGET ALL THE WIFI NETWORKS.

RFrenchy21
Apprentice
Options

Yikes.  Thanks for the answer and the warning.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hey @RFrenchy21. Did you try the reset on both devices? Did this work?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes