Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S6 Lite - Bluetooth stuttering

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 09:34 PM)
ShrekWasp
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I got the Tab S6 Lite at the weekend and it's great, however whenever I use my headphones (Sony wh100mx3) there is regular stuttering and lag between the sound and pictures.  

I'm told the fact that the tablet is Bluetooth 5.0 and the headphones are Bluetooth 4.2 shouldn't make the difference, and note that the headphone offer last month was for a pair of 4.2 headphones. I've tried impairing them and reconnecting and also clearing the Bluetooth cache, but it's not fixing the issue.

Has anyone got a solution?

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
Paulpow
First Poster
Options
sorry thought it fixed issue I was wrong.
0 Likes
lanerawles
First Poster
Options

Any updates? I'm having the same issue.

clquic1
First Poster
Options

This should not be marked as solved. This is still occuring and have seen no updates from Samsung regarding this issue 

Tom24
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue. 

tried it in multiple recievers.
marking this as solved is nonsense imo.

also the solution is to buy a Bluetooth module?? 
this should just get fixed.

Raygrip
Apprentice
Options

After selecting a 2.4GHz Access point, Bluetooth has worked into various speakers/earphones without stuttering for two weeks. Previously it was rare to play a single track without dropouts.

Having the Wifi connected to a 5GHz brings back the Bluetooth stuttering. Perhaps they optimize the antenna for the frequencies used by Wifi - sadly to the detriment of Bluetooth.

If your WiFi Access Point provides a 2.4GHz signal, using that seems to be a reliable work-around.

Dikyasis
First Poster
Options

Same problem here but on tab s5e. Even after updating to latest software (600+ MB) on sunday, my tab still sounds stuttered.

0 Likes
chriszilla1123
First Poster
Options

Using 2.4GHz wifi instead of 5GHz is working for me, finally have a usable bluetooth range.

@Samsung this issue shouldn't be marked as closed, no one in the comments has suggested that this is fixed.

Jibster
Student
Options

So there's no actual solution? Glad I started the return process straightaway. My fault for giving samsung another chance I guess...

Raygrip
Apprentice
Options
If you only have a WiFi Access Point running on the 5GHz channels then there is no solution. But connecting on 2.4GHz channels allows my S6 Lite's Bluetooth to be "rock solid", as they say.

There is a real problem that you can't actually discuss these problems with anyone deeply technical at Samsung. I haven't even been able to feed back the 2.4GHz work around.

it seems doubtful that this forum gets much attention from Samsung developers.

But COVID-19 must be causing them quite a problem and that crisis puts a little Bluetooth problem in better perspective.
0 Likes
Jibster
Student
Options

If it can't handle my little flat without interference and stuttering then I can't see it working in an airport or hotel when I'm travelling for work.

My budget Lenovo tablet didn't have these issues and such a fundamental flaw in the basic functionality of the product is a joke for an apparent market leader.

Covid-19 is causing everyone problems, I think a multi-billion dollar company like Samsung should be able to handle it much better than most companies.