Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S6 Lite - Bluetooth stuttering

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 01:29 PM)
ShrekWasp
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I got the Tab S6 Lite at the weekend and it's great, however whenever I use my headphones (Sony wh100mx3) there is regular stuttering and lag between the sound and pictures.  

I'm told the fact that the tablet is Bluetooth 5.0 and the headphones are Bluetooth 4.2 shouldn't make the difference, and note that the headphone offer last month was for a pair of 4.2 headphones. I've tried impairing them and reconnecting and also clearing the Bluetooth cache, but it's not fixing the issue.

Has anyone got a solution?

25 REPLIES 25
Lofty1976
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same unfortunately,  video and music over BT is unbearable.  Really hope this gets sorted out soon, I brought this tablet mainly to watch films on, very poor samsung. 

SimBol333
First Poster
Options

Same problem with Sony and Mpow headsets. Samsung, please fix that BT-issue with your next fw-update, as this is  a real torture for audiophiles and movie fans!!!

0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
My spotify stutters now & again via Bluetooth connection. Its like its got the hiccups, both my kids phones/spotify/Bluetooth stereos are fine though, even when they connect to mine. I thought it was due to apps dropping notifications, but even if I put that part in silent mode it still hiccups.
Using Note10+, Silvercrest BT Stereo, Goji BT headphones, Kitsound Diggit Twin Speakers, all same issue.
Kids phone are A70 & A50, also paired to the above to test, without issues. I've even tried connecting to my kids stereos & it hiccups then. So the issue must be with the phone Bluetooth software.

Fingers crossed for a patch soon
0 Likes
ShrekWasp
Apprentice
Options

I think I have found a temporary solution. I have a Mpow Bluetooth receiver which I can connect my headphones to and there doesn't appear to be a lag, although there is still some stuttering. 

I've considered selling my headphones and replacing them with a 5.0 pair, but I paid £230 for them in April and can only sell them for £110.

0 Likes
Solution
ShrekWasp
Apprentice
Options

So the Bluetooth receiver didn't work, but I borrowed a Mpow Bluetooth 4.2 transmitter which connects to the tablet via a 3.5mm cable. Pairing was easy, just put both the transmitter and headphones in pairing and they paired instantly. And best of all, no stuttering or lag. I've ordered myself one from Amazon for £17.99. The device is small and can be tucked out of sight. Battery life is around 10 hours.

15942976074736079047746143819536.jpg

Link: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G388C5Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CEWbFbV76J6X1

0 Likes
MyriaCore
Student
Options

I just want to point out that it's been just under a month, and Samsung has yet to release a patch for what is frankly a critical usability error with no real workaround.

In wifi-dense areas, or areas with speakers that  auto-pair to Bluetooth audio sources, this little Bluetooth module just won't cut it. Plus, it's kinda silly to buy a Bluetooth module when the tablet has Bluetooth. 

Not sure of the folks at Samsung read this forum at all, but please be aware - this issue has yet to fully be addressed. 

Raygrip
Apprentice
Options

I declined offer of replacement tablet - waiting for resolution.

0 Likes
Members_ldNOo19
Student
Options

Did this ever get properly resolved?  Getting a BT device is all well and good as a work around but it's not a solution.  I have issue with sound on my Sony Car Stereo via BT with the new Note20U, it was fine on the S10+.  I have started a new thread about it but wondered if they fixed the TS6?

Paulpow
First Poster
Options
I had same problem. hear is the solution,,,go into settings Battery and turn off apps that don't use often OFF !! and will fix issue it did for me Galaxy tab 6 lite ,hope it works for you let me no ,
0 Likes