Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S6 keyboard cover - Home key?

(Topic created on: 06-12-2019 03:02 PM)
khaberz
Journeyman
Options

When in Tablet mode (not Dex) and the keyboard cover attached, is there a key combination that does the same as Home on the Navbar? Or can I set a key combination do do it?  Thanks! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
khaberz
Journeyman
Options

And the actual answer - which actually also works in DEXmode - is: Meta-Enter with the the Meta key on the keyboard cover being the one with the magnifying glass between ALT and FN.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @khaberz ,

I have had a look into this and found the following Android keyboard Shortcuts:

Menu + I: Zoom in

Menu + O: Zoom out

Menu + J: Go back a page

Menu + K: Go forward a page

Menu + R: Refresh current page

Menu + F: Find on page

Menu + B: Open bookmarks

Menu + S: Open social network sharing menu

Menu + H: View browsing history

Menu + S: Open browser settings

It seems that there is not an available option to go back to Home screen on the navigation bar. However, you can try the Go back a page or other. I will also ensure that this is passed on to the development team for future updates.

0 Likes
khaberz
Journeyman
Options

Thank you @TessM

Possibly stupid question: What is meant by "Menu"? And this sounds a bit like commands for a browser, maybe just inside Chrome?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You are very welcome!

My bad! I forgot to mention that, Ctrl+Esc = Menu.

Hope that this helps. 

0 Likes
khaberz
Journeyman
Options

Well, on the keyboard cover, ESC is Fn-^, which would make these very awkward to type :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye: - I tried but most of them don't appear to work.

I did however find meanwhile that typing ESC (Fn-^) nultiple times will get me "home" in most cases (Chrome being a notable exception for some reason). I can live with that.

Thanks again for the help!  

0 Likes
Solution
khaberz
Journeyman
Options

And the actual answer - which actually also works in DEXmode - is: Meta-Enter with the the Meta key on the keyboard cover being the one with the magnifying glass between ALT and FN.

0 Likes