Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 06:24 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Hi , my tablet has come back from having s pen fault repaired and I now can't add fingerprints , it tells me there is a fault and to reset the tablet but this does nothing , any ideas ? It's due to go back to repair company but I wondered if it's a software issue ?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Easty: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your tablet. To check if there is a potential hardware issue please open the Members App and go to Get Help > Interactive Checks > Fingerprint, and follow the on screen prompts. If the results show any errors then the issue is hardware related and will need to be addressed by an engineer.

When you mentioned that you had reset the device, have you tried a soft reset by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for 10 seconds until the phone restarts? This will refresh the phone's software and fix any temporary issues that may have arisen. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Hi , the issue has been caused by the company that replaced the screen , sent it back with the S pen disconnected , sent it back to have that repaired which they did and then sent it back with ymthe finger print sensor faulty ! They've now said it's unrepairable and are gonna offer me a cash settlement ! Completely wrecked my brand new tablet !! 

Think very carefully before using Barclays Bank Tech Pack everyone , Lifestyle Group Services are shockingly bad ! 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Easty: I can't account for third party repairs, although I recommend getting in touch with Samsung directly if you should experience any issues in the future. We have our own warranty repair service that uses certified engineers and genuine spare parts, so you have more assurance that the repair will be finished to spec.
0 Likes