Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 - External Disc Drive?

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 12:53 PM)
JT273
First Poster
Options
Hi - I need some advice!

I have a Samsung Tab S6 (WiFi and cellular) and am curious as to whether it would be possible to connect an external disc drive to play an old PC Game?

I don't have a laptop anymore just the Tab S6 and I found an old PC game which I would very much like to play. Is it possible to connect a portable Disc Drive via USB C and play the game? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You need an OTG adapter so the tablet can "see" the drive but I doubt a PC game will play on Android.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Doubt it would work with the portable disc via OTG.   Though  it is possible to stream PC games to Android  with Parsec (though do not have personal experience of the server app) However the quality would not be the same and if you had a PC may well prefer that method for older games. See more here https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-play-pc-games-on-android/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I don't think you could play an old PC game on Android unless we're talking about Half Life 2 or some Valve game. If you're planning on running Windows Executable files or a game that can only be executed with x86-64 processors on an ARM processor, you can't unless there's an emulator for Android that allows one to do so (Which I highly doubt there is one and if there was, it wouldn't even perform well.) You could connect a disc drive using an OTG cable though
Forzabox7154_SM
Pioneer
Options
No,unless there's a way to install windows
0 Likes