Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S5e WiFi speed 50% of Tab S2 - Reasons ?

(Topic created on: 14-12-2020 10:36 PM)
suttysas
Student
Options

ISP - BT, UK; Router - BT Smart Hub 2 

WiFi speed as measured in Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - BTHubID - Details
Devices sat side by side :

Tab S2 (WiFi version) network speed 866 Mbps
Tab S5e (WiFi version) network speed 433 Mbps

Samsung support could not help. Samsung sent technician out to perform diagnostic tests, flash ROM etc but technician  advised everything is working to spec.

Apologies if this has been answered previously.

Does anyone know what it is about the S5e configuration / specification that means I get half the Wi-Fi speed of what I am getting on much older S2 ?

Thanks in anticipation for any insights you can provide on this topic. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adil7890
Explorer
Options
It could just be an incorrect measurement of the WiFi speed on the tablet, personally I would go to the Google play store and download an app called 'speedtest by ookla' once downloaded just accept permissions and click test. This will take about 30 seconds and measure your accurate WiFi speed. Do this on both tablets and compare from there. Realistically the tab S5e should have a better result. The WiFi speed measurement you are seeing in settings is very wrong as my Internet at home is 80mbps maximum and it says I'm getting 737mbps, so wouldn't trust that one

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Adil7890
Explorer
Options
It could just be an incorrect measurement of the WiFi speed on the tablet, personally I would go to the Google play store and download an app called 'speedtest by ookla' once downloaded just accept permissions and click test. This will take about 30 seconds and measure your accurate WiFi speed. Do this on both tablets and compare from there. Realistically the tab S5e should have a better result. The WiFi speed measurement you are seeing in settings is very wrong as my Internet at home is 80mbps maximum and it says I'm getting 737mbps, so wouldn't trust that one
suttysas
Student
Options

Thanks for the great advice. Installed software as suggested. Average download results after 10 runs was Tab S5e - 209.4; Tab S2- 195. S5e is on average faster and definitely not performing at half the speed the other measurement would suggest ! Cheers