Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S5e questions

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 10:29 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , my Tab s5e has arrived and I've set it up , couple of questions though , on my Tab S2 9.7 there was an option to turn off WiFi during sleep , that doesn't appear to be there , so apart from turning off WiFi is there a way to make it go off during sleep ?? Also the screen is nice but my S2 seems brighter and more vibrant , it's no big deal but the screen settings seem not very vibrant apart from adaptive display but that changes depending on the app ? 

6 REPLIES 6
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
I have found the screen to be very bright, have you tried to turn the brightness level up?
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , yes I've turned it up , when both the s2 and S5e are on half the s2 is definitely brighter , I have to put the s5e to 3 quarters to be equivalent . Don't get me wrong the s5e is definitely bright but not as bright

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
In advanced settings go to bixby routines. From there you can add a routine for WiFi to be off. You just choose time period under if. Then for then choose WiFi to be off. Which will be under connections. Hope I explained that clear enough. I've only just worked out how to use bixby routines myself.
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Fiona , thanks for your reply , it's not quite the same , my old s2 when the screen was off it would turn WiFi off automatically after about 5 minutes , then if I turn on the screen WiFi would come on , so if I'm on and off my tablet a few times during the day then it would go off when not using it , I can see the only option is to leave WiFi turned off at night then manually turn on when needed

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some more information on Bixby routines here, beneficial for many situations even if not quite the method you prefer.   https://www.sammobile.com/tips/7-examples-how-to-use-bixby-routines-samsung-phone/ 

https://blog.contactsunny.com/tech/bixby-routines-they-actually-work 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks James but it really needs the " turn WiFi off during sleep " under WiFi settings to work as it did , I'll just toggle WiFi on when needed and off when not in use