Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab A8 ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 05:40 PM)
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
Have posted once or twice before. Bought a Tab A8 about 4 months ago for £239. Complete and utter waste of money, might as well have flushed the money down the toilet. Wasn't expecting it to perform like a £1000 tablet but it's absolutely horrifically slow, lags like hell,  it's unresponsive for a while when opening an app. I have factory restted it twice and made zero o difference. 

Where do I stand with Samsung on this? I am not exaggerating but the tablet is 80% useless the majority of the time I have it in my head. 
13 REPLIES 13
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Every android tablet seems to be abysmal in performance ,I recommend going ipad as even their cheapest ipad's out perform a huge majority of Android Tablets.
0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
My son has a Tab A7 tablet which is a good 18 months older than the Tab A8. The Tab A7 is far superior in performance and zero issues with it plus it has Android 13 already and my Tab A8 doesn't. If Samsung offered me a swap I'd take as that Tab A8 as I said is absolute rubbish.

What can Samsung do to sort this?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AlanB2506  have you tried running in Safe Mode to determine if any Apps are causing the issue .

1. Turn off your phone.
  2. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
  3. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button and then  hold the Volume Down button.
  4. Keep holding the Volume Down button until the phone reboots.
  5. When your phone boots up, you will see the Safe Mode  option  at the bottom left corner of your  screen.

Another idea is to wipe the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then ‘No command’ before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition”.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.   Temporary files are deleted but no Data is lost.

In general terms there are more budget Android devices , however the best Samsung Tablets offer a quality design and premium experience.  This article  evaluates Ipads v Android Tablets https://www.lifewire.com/ipad-vs-android-tablets 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
Hi mate, yes I done that and it does seem to run a tad bit smoother.
AndrewL
Options

@AlanB2506: If the tablet performed better while in Safe Mode, then the issue may be stemming from third party app background activity. To keep your tablet running smoothly, I recommend regularly tapping the Recents button in your Navigation Bar (3 vertical lines) and closing any apps you're not using by swiping upwards on the preview window, or hitting 'Close all'. Also, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. You should also restart the tablet every 24-48 hours to address any temporary software issues that might be affecting the performance. 

0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
I've done all of the above and makes no difference. How do I know what app is causing the lag possibly?
0 Likes
KennC
Student
Options
I have got the same time lag on my own TabA8 and it's becoming annoying. I am starting to wish I had never seen it.
0 Likes
Gary dP
First Poster
Options

Author wasn't asking your opinion comparing apple to samsung.  Also Apple uses antiquated coding in their IOS ***** it barely needs resources to run because you can't do anything with it that remotely resembles productivity or personalization. 

0 Likes
Gary dP
First Poster
Options

You're not the only one complaining about the performance of this tablet, I have the LTE version and I can safely say that most android tablets seems to be less laggy.  Either the LTE version is totally garbage or both are struggling with the sub par processor Samsung decided to cheap out on.  If Samsung wants to keep competing in the Tablet race then maybe build a tablet that everyone would buy rather than build a whole boatload where some are bordering on Laptop pricing.

0 Likes