Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab A8 2021 still on February 2nd update ?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 07:46 AM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Hi , looks like Samsung isn't bothering with updating  last year's Tab A8 , I'm still Feb 2nd update . Its supposed to get quarterly security updates and it's also still on One UI 3.1!
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Easty  Tab A8  is certainly eligible  for quarterly security updates, however may take a bit longer as it considered to be a lower tier Tablet.  I do not yet see a scheduled date for One UI 4.0  https://9to5google.com/2022/07/01/samsung-android-12-update-rollout/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Sometimes updates don't happen entirely on schedule, the next you get will no doubt be UI 4 because the same happened with my Tab A7 after only getting a Google Play Services Update the previous time it was due a quarterly firmware bump. The reason is not that it's a lower tier device at all though, the same happens all the way through the Samsung range occasionally and indeed with other manufacturers. There's a few caveats when reading such published schedules, first they will pull a patch or not release it at all if it's unstable, second the patch has to be approved for use on mobile networks by regulatory bodies in some countries including the UK and finally the phone network provider also needs to sign off on it. Tablets without LTE shouldn't be delayed as much but they are. The LTE models get dealt with before the wireless only models are patched normally.