Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab-a memory

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 07:38 AM)
Claire16
First Poster
Options

Please can someone help? A couple of years ago I bought a tab-a to use as a music device. We never used it so we have now passed it on to our 7 year old to do her school work on. The problem we have is the memory keeps saying it’s full. There is a 120GB sd card in there so there is plenty of memory. The problem is that I don’t know how to access it. There’s barely anything on the tablet but even trying to update the YouTube app brings up the message that I need to free more space. The device itself is only 8gb. Please can someone help as it’s starting to be a real pain that it can’t be used properly. This is the first non-Apple product I’ve ever bought and I’m starting to regret it. I really hope this issue can be sorted. Thank you in advance 😊

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Claire16
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. Your instructions were perfect. Unfortunately I don’t appear to have that option once I get into developer options. I’ll attach photos of what I do get...

0 Likes
Claire16
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

image.jpg

0 Likes
Claire16
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah, unfortunately it seems your version of android is quite old, and doesn't have that feature.
In order for you to do that would require you to flash a custom ROM. It's not too complicated but it will require some learning on your part if you choose to do so.
Your device is quite old, and by today's standards 8GB is extremely low as even some individual apps can need over 1GB of space themselves. It may be time for an upgrade.
0 Likes