Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Tab A 10.1 2016 won't charge - screen flashes during charge

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 04:13 PM)
clos82
Apprentice
Options
Hoping someone can help πŸ™ 
3 of my kids have the Samsung Tab A 10.1 2016 model, all 3 have failed in the exact same way.
Whenever I plug in the charge cable the screen will turn on and show the charge icon, but it then starts flashing very quickly, and remains like this no matter how long it is left on charge (I tried keeping them all on charge for upto 2 days, but no joy.?

)
I've tried resetting thr tablet by holding down power on and volume down, tried changing the charger and charge cable to known working ones, I even brought a new genuine Samsung charger to try and rectify the issue but it dodnt work. I'm stumped for ideas and the cost of repair for all 3 is likely to be similar to the price of three new tablets.
Given I have 5 kids though, I don't have money to burn. I'd love to hear frome anyone who had the same problem and managed to fix it. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Regards,
Chris
25 REPLIES 25
Ventor
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

@clos82 Hello, have you tried with a new and original charging cable?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
clos82
Apprentice
Options
I have tried that yes, the new genuine Samsung replacement charger and cable made no difference unfortunately πŸ˜•
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star β˜…
Options
It may be the batteries need replacing. There are some battery health apps on Play Store to test.
Chromedomed
Explorer
Options
Have you tried to charge it via pc? Had similar issues with galaxy mini (years ago) had no lights or anything when plugged into original charger, friend suggested plugging it into pc with Samsung kies opened after several times of plugging it in and unplugging it, it finally charged up. Its a long shot, but ir might work.
clos82
Apprentice
Options
Once I got your message I tried it, I've had 2 different USB cables Including the new one form the new charger I brought, sadly neither work, I've tried for over 5 hours now and the screen won't even light up was worth a try though as I hadn't considered this. Thanks for the recommendation.
clos82
Apprentice
Options
That would be worth a try, only I can't power the tablets up to Install the apps
0 Likes
antonioabrp
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have the same issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @antonioabrp, let's try going through the steps on this page to determine if an inspection is required: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

If your screen is still flickering, try adjusting your brightness settings, and disabling the adaptive brightness feature. Corrupted data in the system on your device can sometimes cause the screen to flicker. Clear the cache on your device, then check if the flickering continues

Regards,

Will

0 Likes