Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab 7+ charge through USB-C Hub

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 05:26 PM)
Alessandro Mariotti
First Poster
Options

Hi all!
I've recently bought a galaxy Tab S7+ with 8gb of ram and I use it also as a laptop replacement.

So far it works perfectly, but I'm struggling in using it connected to a USB-C hub and charging it at the same time.

Basically when I plug in the Usb-C hub and I connect it to the provided 15W charger and I use the tablet a bit (mostly microsoft office / youtube) the battery  won't charge or even worse: it discharges (slowly, though

I've tried with 2 usb-c hubs now, the latest says it supports up to 100W charging ( It's the VAVA Hub USB C, 8 in 1 Hub Type C).
The first one was apparently garbage so.. Nevermind.

So I've been googling a while and I didn't find a solution but I think I can make a good questions now at least, hoping some of you here might help me!

PS: I don't mind spending (some) money to get this working.

So here are the questions:
- Is the provided 15W charger the problem? Will the Samsung 45W fast-charger fix my problem? (or the 25w?)
or
- It will not work since the usb-c hub states nowhere that it supports fast-charging (PPS?) although it should supporto up to 100W charging?

or
- Am I getting this all wrong? Does anybody have a solution for this?

Then I have a bonus question:
- is there any precaution I should take for not ruining the battery?

PS: The tablet is wonderful, I didn't actually expect I could do everything I did on my laptop before.

Thanks in advance
Alessandro M.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Alessandro Mariotti 

hello

USB hubs can provide normal 15W power charging only to phone/tablet (not using)

connecting the massive tablet to 15W charger during use will almost do nothing to tablet

it is like filling in the jar with water but the faucet is wide open

we can charge the tablet (without USB hub) in 25W and 45W via normal brick charger

thanks 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Alessandro Mariotti 

hello

USB hubs can provide normal 15W power charging only to phone/tablet (not using)

connecting the massive tablet to 15W charger during use will almost do nothing to tablet

it is like filling in the jar with water but the faucet is wide open

we can charge the tablet (without USB hub) in 25W and 45W via normal brick charger

thanks 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Alessandro Mariotti
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying! and thanks to the amazing delivery speed of amazon, I could get my hands on a 45w samsung charger, and I confirm that this solves the problem.

Only thing that now feels weird is that over a top-tier (and top-budget) tablet like this I get a very cheap charger instead of a decent one but instead I have to spend more money.

0 Likes