Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab 2 slow speeds?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2017 03:29 PM)
Karthik
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

A long time ago, I bought a samsung galaxy tab 2, and ever since then the quality of it has decreased rapidly, there is lag on every single function, including getting the notification bar down... I am one of the biggest samsung fans, and have loved their products. I have tried resetting it to factory default, no change, I don't really know what else I can do... any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Karthik

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
JessL
Voyager
Options

Hello Karthik!

Is all the software up to date on you Tab 2? Do you have many apps installed? 

Try deleting the cache, go into Settings > Application > Application Manager > the app > Clear Cache.

Do this to all you apps to ease any lag. 

Let us know if this helps. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Millsy
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys

I have a samsung galaxy Tab2 over the last couple of months it has become very very slow, I have rebooted several times and its ok for a day or 2 then becomes slow again. I have a up to date software.

Can any one help with these issues as I dont really want to buy another tablet at the moment

Millsy

0 Likes
Millsy
First Poster
Options
has any one helped out with your tab 2 problems as I am getting the same issues with mine

Millsy
0 Likes
Karthik
First Poster
Options

I got a response saying that I should go through every single app in the app manager and then clear the cache, but I have already tried resetting, after a couple of days it goes back to its usual slow speeds, next time I go into town I am going to take it with me and show them, with the hope they have something magical up their sleeves. If I find any other solutions I will post here. Good luck and have a wonderful rest of ur week. 

Thanks 

K

0 Likes
Millsy
First Poster
Options

hi

I am having the same issues with my Tab 2, Ive cleaned the cache and I've down loaded CCleaner but its still very slow on all the buutons

Millsy

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Millsy.

How much memory do you have on it? Apps > Settings > Storage. 

0 Likes
robin3615
Student
Options

I did a factory reset on mine and had the same results. The internet is too slow to use. This has to be Samsung purposfully bricking out tablets. I have since replaced mine with an apple tablet. I do not like the functions but they don't treat their customers like that. 

shortybsd
Student
Options

I own 2 of the same Samsung Tab 2 10.1's. They both do it. Even after a full restore, throw "clearing the cache" out the window on a new install. It has to be code on the devices slowing it down after a certain age, just like Apple did to all of their customers (purposely slowing down older devices due to battery age). They "claimed" it was to preserve hardware. They were sued and lost the case - 27 million dollars. Anyways, 1 of 2 things; 1.) Samsung purposely put an update out that made older hardware run slower or 2.) The device has over-heated way too many times and we (everyone that owns a Tab 2) are having hardware failure, specifically the processor.

Note: I will install a linux distrubution on it, run benchmarks then compare with the stock OS. This will prove if it is software related.

shortybsd
Student
Options

@robin3615 wrote:

I did a factory reset on mine and had the same results. The internet is too slow to use. This has to be Samsung purposfully bricking out tablets. I have since replaced mine with an apple tablet. I do not like the functions but they don't treat their customers like that. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that - https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51413724

0 Likes