Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system update on s5e tablet and android 10 update problems

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 12:10 PM)
Maz42
First Poster
Options
Samsung bookmarks gone. Horizontal home screen has small icons and wallpaper photo distorted keyboard seems to have shrunk too. If used vertically its OK. Any ideas?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pelaroche8
First Poster
Options

Two problems since I updated mine :

- No charge to 100% anymore and stop charge after 10 minutes.  You need to disconnect the unit and plug in again until it stop again and again... ;

- No wifi visible when you reboot the unit, you need to stop and start wifi to have a connection ;

- No full charge when you stop the unit and let plug in all night !  Around 65 % the morning after !

To correct the problem with the battery I will try a full reset today.  For the wifi I don't know ! 

0 Likes
patas8
First Poster
Options

Problems with wifi and bluethooth auto connection with saved networks and devices. Lower speed in general and youtube problems closing video windows. I want to go back tho the previous version. How can I do this?

0 Likes
Chuck_C
First Poster
Options

I also noticed the WiFi seems a little slower. Additional problems on a Tab S5e Android 10 update (Aug 1, 2020: I had three copies of an app installed on the tablet using Main and two User accounts. After the update the Main app continued to work but both User account apps reported missing files/components and told me to reinstall the app. I also noticed that the internet connection in the User accounts was damaged. Everything looked good down to an assigned IP address but apps like Google Play would just hang with the rotating circle of death. Two calls to support had me do a network reset which got the internet working on User accounts but the app corruption was still present (clearing cache and stopping app no help). Their response to diagnosing the app issue was; wait for the next update and see what happens. So this update definitely monkeys around with WiFi and apparently corrupts applications in User accounts (KoW which is very large, 1.2G on main, 317M on Users).

Further, I have another S5e with the same setup about to force update. Calls to support (3 times) and escalated to Case Management Consumer Electronics dept asking for help to stop the update got a resounding NO can't do. I pointed out that I have potentially lost hundreds of hours of time with the first tablet and risked even more with the second tablet, to no avail. Requests to speak with a manger or get engineering involved got a resounding NO. I then pointed out that when they know they are going to harm someone, that someone tells them to stop and they proceed anyway is a case book example of Criminal Negligence (intent with malice aforethought); asked to get legal department involved: NO, asked for legal department's phone number: NO.

Samsung forcing system updates on customers is an atrocious thing to do. Most computer users know your never want to be an early adopter since there are always problems, sometimes serious problems. Samsung's callous attitude toward a customer faced with  problems of Samsung's own making which could have been easily avoided with a modicum of foresight is contempt raised to the highest order. Shame on you Samsung. NEVER EVER BUY SAMSUNG. Postscript: Investigation showed that Samsung has a reputation for atrocious customer service for all product lines; apparently it is their corporate culture. 

0 Likes
Chuck_C
First Poster
Options

According to Samsung support the only way to back out this update is to reflash the ROM with a non Samsung version of Android; and then you can't even call them. 

0 Likes
hyperchick
First Poster
Options

I lost my Samsung keyboard. I have to use a bluetooth to type

0 Likes