Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Synced Phone and Tablet

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 02:14 PM)
sdust
Journeyman
Options

I want to buy a Samsung phone and tablet that are in perfect sync with each other. For example, I should be able to text or answer calls in either of the devices seamlessly. What I want to know is whether this is possible only in the higher end Samsung phone and tablets? Or is it supported in slightly lower end A series phones and A series tabs also.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
I have the A8 tab and you can receive calls on there as well as send/receive text messages. You need to activate the 'call and text on other devices' on both the tablet and the phone in the settings and both be connected to the same WiFi network (I think) and signed in to the same samsung account for it to work
sdust
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Danny. Is your phone also A series? Just wondering if it will work in let's say A13 phone.

0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
No my phone is the s21 ultra, I should think the wearables app would work on the A series phones if it works on the tablets, not sure about the Samsung health app though
0 Likes
sdust
Journeyman
Options

Oh, is the wearables app different than Samsung health app? Didn't know that.

0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Sorry I posted that in the wrong forum, I was talking about apps compatible with watch to sync with your phone/tablet, but realised that wasn't even your question! Lol. But yeah sorry, so what your asking does work on an A series tab, but I have an s21 ultra so unsure about the A series phones but I'm pretty sure they'd have the 'call an text on other devices' option on the phones too. I think it depends on the android version, so maybe the older tab A series it wouldn't work but should work with newer ones with android 12 or 13
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sdust: As pointed out by @Dannyboii, Call & Text On Other Devices will allow you to make and receive calls and texts on your tablet, as long as it is signed in to the same Samsung account as your phone. You can find this option in Settings > Advanced features, or in your Quick Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom using two fingers. The S21 Ultra is compatible, however if you'd like to get an idea of which tablets you can sync with, then please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/