Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small blue pixel / dot on new Samsung Ultra S8 tablet screen

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 06:38 PM)
Amy27
Apprentice
Options

I have just unboxed and set up the new Samsung Ultra S8 tablet but am seeing a small blue pixel/ dot at all times. It is most apparent on black screens, but always there, same pixel, same place. Once seen, I cannot unsee and it is very frustrating, especially given it is straight out of the box. Likely a hardware issue . Definitely a fault so will be taking back to Samsung but wondering if others have had this issue at all? 

13 REPLIES 13
Amy27
Apprentice
Options

Hi @Deeepsign 

I ended up giving up with this. I've taken the refund and cancelled the trade in. It was a really painful experience with customer service and even then, the tablet is now out of stock so i'd be looking at a long wait and having spent a lot of money!

A shame as it's an amazing tablet. Maybe I'll wait for black friday now!

0 Likes
Van Johnson
First Poster
Options

It looks like a dead pixel. From what I know, safe mode won't fix these issues. Samsung has inbuilt testing tools into most of their devices. Open the Phone app, and dial "*#0*#" into it. The screen should disappear and give you the testing menu. Go through the RED, GREEN, BLUE, and BLACK options. If the blue dot is still there in all of the options and seems part of the display, your screen is defective. Contact Samsung for a replacement under warranty.

0 Likes
DavidGallello
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, did someone get a new s8 ultra as a replacement?

0 Likes
Amy27
Apprentice
Options

Hey David. At the time, I sent mine back to samsung and they issued a refund. I found the whole customer service process extremely painful when I first flagged the fault. Despite asking for an exchange, I got a refund.

But I have just bought the S8 ultra again now they are back in stock on the samsung website, albeit without the launch offers. And so far so good.no blue dot. 

Would suggest you get a replacement if you like the tablet. It is well worth it in my opinion. But you will need some patience in getting it I think. Sorry to not help more.

0 Likes