Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small blue pixel / dot on new Samsung Ultra S8 tablet screen

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 10:05 PM)
Amy27
Apprentice
Options

I have just unboxed and set up the new Samsung Ultra S8 tablet but am seeing a small blue pixel/ dot at all times. It is most apparent on black screens, but always there, same pixel, same place. Once seen, I cannot unsee and it is very frustrating, especially given it is straight out of the box. Likely a hardware issue . Definitely a fault so will be taking back to Samsung but wondering if others have had this issue at all? 

13 REPLIES 13
Dimz
Explorer
Options
Call/chat with customer service, they will replace it. The whole process is quite long, but that's company policy so keep that in mind.
Haven't had a dead pixel on any of their tablets, but had to change 2 brand new tvs because of dead pixels...
Deeepsign
Journeyman
Options

I also just received the new Samsung Ultra S8 tablet yesterday. Just in couple minutes ago, I realized there's 1 blue bot on the screen that won't go away like you mention. Now I can't unsee it. So, I guess I'm not the only one have the problem. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Amy27 and @Deeepsign, (and anyone else out there who's experiencing this)

Are you able to post any pics of this? Wondering if the blue dot is in the same or different places for folks. 🤔

0 Likes
Deeepsign
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AntS it's kind of hard to get the picture because the blue dot is really small. I try my best to take him. It is where I circle on the picture.20220225_111710.jpg20220225_111015.jpg20220225_110816.jpg20220225_111051.jpg

Amy27
Apprentice
Options

@AntS @Deeepsign I sent my tablet back to Samsung today and have asked for a replacement. This follows a few tests the samsung tech team asked me to try, none of which resolved the issue, so feels like a hardware fault. 

Mine looked exactly like the photos above, but not sure if it is in the same place. I can't take a photo though as it's gone back. 

Fingers crossed my replacement doesn't have the same issue. @Deeepsign will you be sending yours back?

Deeepsign
Journeyman
Options

@Amy27 @AntS I also called the Samsung Tech team today for the problem and they only told me to try to turn the tablet to safe mode to see if will fix the problem. Which did not. After that, they said the only way I can do is to return it and get a replacement.  

@Amy27 I'm going to send it back to get a replacement. Did they tell you how you will get the replacement? They told me when they receive the tablet, I will get an email to place another order for the replacement with the same price I pay cause the promotion is over. But I need to send them an email about the price match. So hopefully, they didn't lie to me about that.  

Amy27
Apprentice
Options

@Deeepsign I was told to send it back via dpd. When the warehouse receive it, they will send me an email and that kick-starts a window of 7-10 days to get my replacement. That's all I have been told, so until I get my email, I have no idea on process. Will keep you posted on it all. 

I purchased with a trade in too though (the FE ), and in the window to claim the keyboard and Disney free. So all very frustrating and needs to be sorted soon! 

0 Likes
Deeepsign
Journeyman
Options

@Amy27 Same here. I am going to send it tomorrow after work. I will also keep you posted here to see what happens here. 

0 Likes
Deeepsign
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Amy27,

I got an email yesterday about they received my return tablet. So I called them today about how to get a replacement at the same price. It kind of complicated the way she explained it. She said I have to wait till the return is fully successful for the refund, which will take 5-10 days for the confirmation email to be sent. Then, they can place another order for the new tablet with the price that you pay for. But right now the tablet is out of stock. So, have to wait for that too.