Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging message on Oneplus charger (tab s5e)

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 03:43 PM)
tibert
Apprentice
Options
Hello,
I have an Oneplus 8 pro charger, works very well on the OnePlus 8 pro.
When I plug it in the Galaxy Tab s5e it goes from charging by cable, to fast charging, then to slow charging with a message. When I go and see on the Ampere app, it starts at about 1000 mA of charging, then when the message appears it goes down to 80-300.
But I also have a Huawei tablet (mediapad m5), this one if I plug it in, it charges at about 1500 mA.

I tried another cable, which sadly doesn't support fast charging, it charges the tablet at about 1500mA.
I also tried on the OnePlus 8t charger with another cable (this one supports fast charging, but isn't the OnePlus cable), and it was using fast charging, 2000+mA.

So if I understand well this, is that Samsung is blocking through software the OnePlus charger.
Or do you know something else ? Have another idea ?
Thanks.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting article.
tibert
Apprentice
Options

Hello,
I tested the cable a bit more, I tried data transfer (calculated about 33MBytes/s with 50MBytes spikes in the task manager), charge on other phones, it works very well. On my OnePlus 8 pro, it charges a 5000+mA. So I don't see why it would be worn out.

Then for the battery charging power, I know about it, this is why I tested multiple times in different orders, and when the tablet was at about 50% battery.

This is why I don't understand the issue that the tab s5e has with the OnePlus cable, when everything else works on it, and no issue with another cable and the same charger.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

That doesn't sound like a worn out cable then - that would suggest that the tablet and charger can't communicate properly with that cable - I'm not sure if OnePlus include any IC chips or anything in their cables, but if so, that might be causing an incompatibility. It's also possible that the charger's trying to use a protocol that the tablet just doesn't support, as your charger is newer than your tablet - however, this wouldn't explain why it works with a third-party cable.

This is certainly a puzzle!! But still, this'll be one to keep under my hat for future experiences.

Best wishes,
Tom
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey!

Also, in addition to this, if you're looking for Samsung-branded chargers, here's a couple of Amazon links to the Samsung chargers:

18w Samsung AFC (USB-A): https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PKTXJWC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_SRSJAFWT9R9M4NR0VQ1T
25w Samsung Super Fast Charger (USB-C): https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084477L6R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HEFKP9BFXFZQXQYDAFEK
45w Samsung Super Fast Charger (USB-C): https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082SZYR3K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DFPA4ZG7CRZGGH6NXSSR

All links are Amazon Smile links, which allow you to support a charity of your choice for no extra cost! 🙂