Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-In Screen times out too quickly

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 10:09 PM)
Dave_Neve
Student
Options

Hello

I've just bought a Galaxy Tab and when it asks me for my password to open it, the screen times out too quickly and anything that I've typed up to then gets lost

How can I extend the time out please (currently 5 seconds)

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Settings , display , screen timeout ...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Evakatrina
Student
Options

No, sorry. The timeout that happens immediately after startup is not affected by changing the basic timeout length as you describe. Half a second after startup, insta-sleep. You have to wake it up again to log in. Any fixes for that would be welcome.

Royv541
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my S7 tablet. Il is very annoying.

0 Likes
Dave_Neve
Student
Options

Evalatrina is right I think. The normal screen timeouts do not apply for opening the tab.

You just have to get distracted for one or two seconds or you can't remember where a key is and it's all gone.

I'm pretty happy with my Samsung tab but like most software, there are some annoying issues and this is one of them

0 Likes
clstalions
First Poster
Options

I just tried setting up my brand new TabA8 and yes the screen times out before I can even type in my 5 letter pin.  i haven't been able to use the tablet yet??  Does anybody have a solution for this???  Please!!

0 Likes
Evakatrina
Student
Options

I have been able to wake it up by tapping the screen after it goes dark, which it always does instantly after booting up. That displays the login screen. If you're not even able to wake it up to log in, that's messed up and you might call the seller on that one. 

Muskokan
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Any updates yet to fix this?

0 Likes
kayrain
First Poster
Options

trying to get same results, but no answers only the ptoblem.

Doesn't samsung have anything to say on this

0 Likes
notnickname
First Poster
Options
Same problem by the time I've rotated landscape to portrait (or vice-versa) the screen has blacked out
0 Likes