Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Android apps stopped working after Android 11 upgrade

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 01:48 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

My Galaxy S6 Tab LTE has been working for some time with no serious problems. A few days ago I was notified of an upgrade to take me to Android 11. The upgrade took some time but completed without reporting any errors of any kind. Upon restarting I had to learn some new settings etc but it all seemed to be fine.

I've got a very large number of apps on the tablet which have all been working fine. However I noticed that some apps (which I have been using for many years) no longer work. There is no error message of any kind but, after clicking the app to start it, there's a quick flash suggesting it's starting but within a split second it stops. Due to the huge number of apps I have,  I've not yet checked each one of my 500 odd apps, but the ones failing include:
Sky News
TV24UK
UK TV listing guide

These have all worked perfectly before. My initial thought was to uninstall/reinstall the apps and reboot the tablet but the problems remain. I then thought maybe these apps need to be corrected by the developer to work under Android 11. However I have a Galaxy A21 with pretty much a 100% identical list of apps. The A21 has also just been upgraded to Android 11 and all the same apps still work perfectly on the A21.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems or can suggest any action I might take to try to overcome the problems with the apps failing on the tablet?

11 REPLIES 11
Aquaduck
Journeyman
Options
yes, same problems. uninstall/ reinstall had worked for some, and then they crash again
0 Likes
Axo
Pioneer
Options
PlayStore search for Android WebView and unistall it.
0 Likes
jewles1
First Poster
Options
im having the same problem with my phone
0 Likes
Shazzabloom
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem. It started last night with a few of my apps and today even more are affected. Exactly the same problem as you have described. Even after reinstalling they worked once and now won't open again
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
A permanent fix is now available, details are available in this thread - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/permanent-fix-for-app-crashes-available/td-p/3...
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
Uninstalling is the temporary fix, a permanent one is now available - details here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/permanent-fix-for-app-crashes-available/td-p/3...
0 Likes
Thursdaygirl
First Poster
Options
I have had the same problem but after unistalling Android Web view they are working again. Thank you
0 Likes
defelilo
Explorer
Options
even my old-school Yahoomail app stopped. Everything is crashing
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes