Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my new Galaxy S6 Tab LTE

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 09:59 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I have had my new Galaxy S6 Tab LTE delivered today and am in the process of setting it up. I have an initial couple of questions about it:

1. The product came delivered in a box which, strangely enough, did not contain any form of documentation. I would have at least expected a start-up leaflet giving brief details of the box contents and quick installation instructions. Fortunately I had already downloaded the 207 page User Guide, so I assumed this would suffice. However, amongst the box contents is a strange little clip thing marked GH69-35847A and I can find no information anywhere as to what this accessory is. Can anyone enlighten me?
  2. The tablet has the ability to add an optional microSD card or a SIM. Much to my surprise the card tray seems to be an "either SIM or microSD" arrangement and , unlike all other similar products I've purchased in the past (unless I'm missing a trick), I can't find any way of adding both. Is this a limitation of the device?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there WobSleptHere!

Congratulations on your new tablet! 😉

In terms of the "GH69-35847A" clip thing - that's actually a set of tweezers that you can use to replace the tips on your S-Pen. You should have some spare tips in the box too!

In terms of using a SIM and microSD, it looks like your SIM tray should support it, the SIM appears to sit on the bottom of the tray, and the microSD appears to sit above it so both cards can make contact with the pins.

You mentioned you've got a copy of the manual - awesome! I've attached a couple of screenshots taken from that manual regarding the clip and SIM tray, but go ahead and check your copy for reference.

Hope this helps, and happy holidays!
All the best,
Tom 🙂

Screenshot_20201223-214945_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-215042_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-215056_Drive.jpg

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options

Screenshot_20201224-084755_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20201224-084744_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20201224-084759_eBay.jpg

1. The clip is for removing the pen nibs to replace with new ones as and when needed.

2. From searching for Samsung Tab s6 sim tray on ebay, it seems that it is double sided, insert the sim card in one side and the micro sd card in the other side?

Edit- sorry didn't see that Tom had already posted a reply, hopefully you should be sorted!

0 Likes