Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder - Availability

(Topic created on: 30-11-2017 12:22 AM)
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi Folks,

Having very recently closed down and uninstalled My Knox from my Tab S2 8" (SM-T713), I would now like to install Secure Folder. But, Secure Folder doesn't appear to be available yet for my device. So I sent an email to secfolder@samsung.com, only to be re-directed to an app called 'Samsung Members',  which is also not compatible with my Tab S2. Wild Goose Chase!

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
AntS
Options

Hi @spinon.

Secure Folder should work for Android 7.0 and above. Which Android version is your Tab S2 on?

(There's also some more info on My Knox and its  upcoming termination in some FAQ's here if you or anyone else hasn't seen them.)

0 Likes
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi AntS, 

Thanks for the reply.

My Tab S2 is running Android 7.0. That being the case, where can I get the Secure Folder app from?

spinon

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. :robothappy:

Secure Folder should be available in Galaxy Apps, but it's also at the Play Store here

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
spinon
Pioneer
Options

I searched Galaxy Apps for 'Secure Folder' to no avail. Zilch. I followed the link that you provided to Google Play Store and found Secure Folder but it said that it was incompatible with my device. So I'm not having much joy.

Please advise.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks for giving it a go and getting back to us, spinon.

I'm doing some further digging on this one for you, and will update you.

0 Likes
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi AntS, 

I really appreciate your digging on this one. I've tried all the options that I can think of. Please keep me posted. 

spinon

0 Likes
Mark_O
First Poster
Options

Identical problem here. Has a service really been discontinued and replaced with another that can't be used? I wonder if it is because the S2 already has private mode as a similar option?

0 Likes
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi Mark,

I am not aware of a private mode on the S2. Please enlighten me!

spinon

0 Likes
Mark_O
First Poster
Options
0 Likes