Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd card

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 01:37 PM)
Members_ekHX8Rq
Apprentice
Options

Tab a7 lite since upgrade to android 12 my sd card is saying not enough storage when trying to shift an app. The card is empty.  Have tried all the usual things mount, unmount,  format etc many times. Put the card into my galaxy phone and it works fine. Took the galaxy phone card into my tablet and same issues. Have done a factory reset to no avail . Any ideas

6 REPLIES 6
McDuff
First Poster
Options
I am having the exact same issue. I had to reinstall all the apps that where already on the SD card. A fix for this issue would be good.
AndrewL
Options

@Members_ekHX8Rq: The storage of applications is largely restricted by developers to the internal storage of devices, which may be why you're encountering this issue. If you attempt to move a media file to your SD card on the Tab A7 Lite (such as a photo or video), do you encounter the same issue? 

0 Likes
Members_ekHX8Rq
Apprentice
Options

Yes exactly the same issue nothing will move to the sd card on the tablet but move no problem on the phone. The phone is android 11 this only happened to the tablet when it was upgraded to 12.

0 Likes
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

Updated my A7 Lite today and have exactly the same problem.  Following update to Android 12 the 'Move to SD' functionality has effectively been lost.  Like opening poster I've tried everything assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't.  I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can accessed / played without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.

0 Likes
Members_ekHX8Rq
Apprentice
Options

been on to Samsung support and spent a lot of time with them. They tried  many things with me but could not resolve the issue. Told me to take my tablet to a local Samsung shop. I am getting exhausted now and as it is the tablet is of no use to me and in my opinion faulty. As it is new and well within warranty I  am going to take it back to Argos and ask for a replacement and it will not be Samsung. 

0 Likes
spinch88
Student
Options

you are fulla ***** my other cheaper tablet transferred apps just fine its just samsung is trash the whole layout of their software is garbage and confusing they better fix this or i will destroy a samsung store  

0 Likes