Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Tab a8

(Topic created on: 24-05-2024 02:32 PM)
paula661
First Poster
Options

I have put an SD card in my childs tablet in the hopes of giving them more storage. I have followed the instructions but i dont seem to have the 3 dots  to get the option of making the SD card the default for storage & theres no Portable Storage option either. Having looked further into it, Im not even sure the SD card will help with the issue, can any one advise please? Thanksthers no dots in the top right cornerthers no dots in the top right corner

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@paula661: It isn't possible to make an SD card the default storage location for your device, I'm afraid, although this can be done for photos and videos captured on the tablet by opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > Storage location > SD card.

To move personal files to the SD card to free up some internal storage, please swipe up from your Home screen > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images (as an example) > Press and hold on a file, then tap on any others that you would like to include (or hit 'All' in the top left) > Move > Back > SD card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move here. 

0 Likes
paula661
First Poster
Options

thank you, the storage keeps getting used by System & Other Files, so i was hoping to move something but not sure what! They are the childrens tablets so they dont have that much on them. Not sure whats going on

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@paula661: I can see that you still have 41%, or 13GB of internal storage remaining, which should be plenty if this is just for you children to use. As mentioned above, you do have the option of moving any personal media files to the SD card, should the need arise, but it won't be possible to move apps and their data, or system files. 

0 Likes
paula661
First Poster
Options

yes on that one but the other one is almost full but i dont know what the other files are

IMG_6666.JPG

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@paula661: The “Other files” storage category contains data from apps you have installed on the tablet. It includes items such as system files, cached data, and temporary files that do not fall into any other storage categories. This can sometimes be quite high as a result of media and social media apps, so you may wish to explore this as an option should you wish to clear some internal storage space. 

With the above in mind, please head to Settings > Apps > Select an app > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data. Clearing the data will restore the app to its default settings, so please proceed with caution, or back up the app data prior to running through the steps above. 

0 Likes