Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card doesn't show data

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 03:10 PM)
Ronodie
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem after the laat UI 3.1 update? I can't make new folder in data folder on SD card, can't see data folders on tablet (on computer SD shows everything), and downloaded files to SD card can't be open, but then afain - seen on computer. Help me out folks!
10 REPLIES 10
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey there,

You posted on the wrong section. You posted in the Romanian side of the platform.
If it was done by mistake, maybe you should post in the UK forum. 
If you are Romanian, try posting in Romanian please, this way you will receive answers from people facing the same issue as you.

S20hype
Black Belt 
Options
din engleza mea zica ca in one ui 3.1 nu mai poate creea foldere și pe tabletă nu poate vedea datele folderelor dar pe computer se vede tot
stiu că stiți engleza si dvs dar am tradus pt ceilalti
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Mulțumim pentru traducere! 😀
cezar26
Pioneer
Options
it might be as a result of the format of the sd card. try copying all the files on pc then insert it back on the phone and format it
Ronodie
Apprentice
Options
Hi all! I do live in Bucharest dar vorbesc un pic si nu cred ca pot sa explic situatia in Romana. I did format the card, that's for starters. So I guess there's no way to manipulate data folders on SD card, but thats nonsense if so - how do I use media I've downloaded to the SD card? What if I want to fill my SD with HQ movies and then watch them on media player? I think this feature is inappropriate for android OS, why else would I waste my money on an SD card if I'm not allowed to use it?
0 Likes
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries, welcome on the platform!

Maybe somebody will be able to assist you. Unfortunately, I don't have a tablet and I don't use an SD card myself ( I am guessing it would be the same on a phone).

Are you referring to the One UI 3.0 update? You mentioned 3.1 but I don't think it is yet available for other devices except for the S21 series.

0 Likes
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What do you use to browse the folders? Are you using the Files app?

Try downloading a different app like Total Commander from the Google Play store and see if you can access all the folders on the card.

0 Likes
Ronodie
Apprentice
Options
The 3.1 came up on tab S7, few days ago. Imagine you're downloading from chrome to SD card, and then it's nowhere to be found nor opened. I have x-plore and on data folders it says access denied.
0 Likes
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ah, awesome. I didn't know you got the 3.1 on the S7 already.

Give Total Commander a go, just to see. It is weird that you don't have access to a browsing app (maybe you have permissions that need enabling for the app).

0 Likes