Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen burn issue - s6 lite lte

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 01:39 PM)
AADI11111
Apprentice
Options

i have bought samsung s6 lite Lte tablet. With the recent upgrade to OS , i have started noticing thre is a screen burn.. its like the previous images are there as a ghost even i have moved away from that screen.

The tablet is just 3 months old. i am very surprised to see this behaviour. I have never maintained the high brightness as well.

Now i hae handed over my device to samsung service for repair.Not sure what can be the outcome.

Any one is seeing the issue like me?IMG_20210320_144432.jpg

25 REPLIES 25
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
It's usually heat that causes this issue, i would get an app that can notify you if the battery temp exceeds a certain value. The battery temp should be close enough to the rest of the device and screen to give you an idea of when its getting too hot.

But screen burn in so early and on a new device, this is something Samsung should deal with as defect and repair under warranty. Don't know if they will tho.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
you may be able to get rid of it by playing a rather long YouTube video meant for 'massaging' OLED and LED screens back from the brink. Maybe snake oil but worth a shot

https://youtu.be/39HUG7QrQi83

or this one aimed at plasma screens

https://youtu.be/4Zs1j26OQTM

Problem is the aspect ratio so unless you play it back in an app that can scale to the tablet's aspect ratio you may end up with more lines on the screen at the edge of the video letterbox view - EDIT VLC for Android works for rescaling to cover the whole screen
0 Likes
André Rodrigo
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. After the last update in April 2021 the screen started to appear shadows on the screen. It resembles a screen with burn in. I think this update is in trouble.

My tablet is still under warranty. I do not know if I expect a firmware update by Samsung or if I go for warranty.

Screenshot_2021-04-07-16-30-02-971_com.whatsapp.jpg

Manampiring
First Poster
Options

Same here. Very severe burn in. Disappointed with Samsung actually, especially since this is not budget model. 

Shri Satya
Student
Options

I'm also having this problem after the recent update. Is there any solution to fix this? Or we will have to take it to the service center?

AADI11111
Apprentice
Options
i dont think anything we can do.After display replacement even with latest upgrade there is no issue
0 Likes
André Rodrigo
Apprentice
Options

did you change the display?

0 Likes
AADI11111
Apprentice
Options
yes , under manufacturer warranty
0 Likes
KieranBlackie
First Poster
Options
I've started seeing it on my tab 6 lte and mines coming up on a year old, only noticed it since the new android 11.0 download which makes no sence. Any suggestions??
0 Likes