Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung update bricked my tablet

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 05:02 AM)
Robsmadagain
Apprentice
Options

Not sure what happened as I though I already posted this, now I am being asked to come up with a name to post by???  Anyways I just let my tablet S7 (aka SM-T870NZKXAR) update on this last Sunday.  Next thing its stuck in some kind of loop going from a screen with S7 tablet blah blah blah, then a screen with just "SAMSUNG," then a black screen which I assume is it turned off?  I tried customer support, no help and no place within 100 miles to take it.  So then I try holding different keys at different times in the loop... NOTHING.  Tablet stuck in loop until battery died.  Next someone said something about **** and so I downloaded it.  I have no clue what I am doing now, but the tablet is just a brick at this point anyways.  I don't know how to use the software and started it; nothing happened so I figure it wasn't going to work.  Then I try holding the power button, up volume and place my thumb on the area where the home button is displayed on the tablet, and I get some menu to show up with items like logs, restart, wipe cash, etc... I see where there is an option to install firmware.  Great?  So now I am waiting for a firmware file to download from god knows who on the internet, then I guess I try to install it?  BTW I couldn't find the firmware anywhere to download on samsung web site.  I guess if it doesn't work then I am out nothing as it doesn't work now anyways.  I know that if I can't get it to work, I will never buy a Samsung ever again!  I'm getting too old for this ****!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Robsmadagain
Apprentice
Options

4 minuets left on the download... Blahahahahaha!

0 Likes
Robsmadagain
Apprentice
Options

Anyone know what BL, AP, CP, CSC, Userdata is?  This is going to be "fun."

0 Likes
Robsmadagain
Apprentice
Options

Taking forever to unzip the file!

0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
So where have you gotten to ? Have you put the tablet in download mode ? Have you launched odin patched ? Is odin showing tablet connected via USB ?
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If your still stuck, have a watch of the video as it may help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyyFDRHxsK8
0 Likes
alishaxrhmn
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung A51 is having the same issue of randomly and constantly restarting.
0 Likes