Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung trade in

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 10:49 PM)
SotDr
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys , I have a question! I want to buy the new galaxy tab s8 ultra and I want to do it with trade in with my old smartphone (galaxy s10+) ...First of all I want to ask if there is a problem to send to samsung uk my galaxy s10+ international version (bought it from Hong Kong) because I wanted snapdragon version! Second thing is that my phone has a very small Crack at the back glass (upper right corner) ...Screen, cameras etc are in  perfect condition! Any chance to decline my trade in because of that small back glass crack? Thank you in advance guys :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_
Navigator
Options
I asked Samsung a similar question as mine was a import as well I too wanted the Snapdragon version but was told they do not take international versions and the model number HAS to match the trade in model number which of course ours will not.. rubbish I know as the Snapdragon version is much better chip in the s10+
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SotDr  yes unfortunately imported devices would not be accepted as @Jeff_  has explained.   From Terms and conditions:  

"It must be original and meet the manufacturer’s original EU specifications (and is not  personalised with any custom engraving). For example, the entire colour of the device must match the original manufacturer’s specification."

Even if not the case In terms of condition:

"It must power on/up and hold charge
 It must be fully functional and must have no software or hardware faults
 It must only have normal wear and tear - there must be no damage or blemishes to
screen/LCD and the casing around the device including the camera lens must not be cracked.
No level of liquid damage is acceptable.
 It must have a fully functioning display and have no cracked screen
It must have no signs of screen burn, ghost imaging, discolouration, coloured hues or image retention.
 It must not be blacklisted - each device must be eligible to pass all lost/stolen registers"

Whilst  Devices deemed to be broken can be traded in at ties a lower trade in value and needs to be stated before sending.

"Should your Existing Device not meet the requirements detailed above, you may still trade in your Existing Device by declaring it to be broken (by ticking the box stating that your device is a “Broken Phone” or has a “Cracked Screen”) during the trade-in process on our website. Where you are trading in a broken Existing Device, a lower fee shall be payable for the Existing Device, rather than the usual price payable for the Existing Device. The price payable for both an Existing Device
which meets the minimum requirements, as well as for a broken Existing Device as set out in Appendix 2. Please note that we cannot accept broken Existing Devices where the Existing Device
has an outstanding credit or finance balance associated with it, or where the Existing Device has been blacklisted as lost or stolen".

For those interested more in this documentation:  https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/uk/trade-in-terms/SAMSUNG-MOBILE-TRADE-IN-PROGRAMME... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
When you trade in they ask for the IMEI number so it would get refused as non-EU. Also cracked screen would make it much lower price for trade-in.
Jeff_
Navigator
Options
Not the case with mine, I put in the IMEI number of my imported note 10+ (USA) and it was accepted fine and added the discount it's only that I double check with Samsung that I found out that international versions are not part of the trade on program..
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jeff_ oh right, suspect it was glitch in system.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes