Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tablet GT-P3110

(Topic created on: 25-07-2017 05:13 PM)
Stevekirk52
First Poster
Options

Hi.

We have been given a sansung GT-P3110 tablet to connect to our WIFI system but it is not connecting, we were wondering if the version of Andriod software running thuis tablet is the current version or what version can we upgrade to. it is running andriod version 4.2.2

Other sansung device logon the WIFI system withouit any issues but we think we might have a certificate issue if this software is out of date.

What version can w e upgrade to and what is the l;atst version if not current.

thanks

Steve

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Do you have a PC Steve? if so download the samsung software and check that way to see if it's up to date however the android version should not effect the wifi connection in anyway go through the basics 1st like checking the wifi is on, on the tablet and trying turning it off and on again.

Stevekirk52
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Our WIFI system is used via a Meru ID manager, we have nearly every type of andriod and PC/laptop along with  the whole of the IPhone, Ipad family using it without any problems. Samsung Phones also work without any issue, it is only this model of tablet runing the Andrios 4.2.2 software taht is having an issue not connecting throuigh the IDM unit. Fortinet who manufacture this device have no known issue that they have heard of.

I think my question can be more simply put. Is the Andrios software 4.2.2 the latest version and if not what is at it is very difficult to find that simple type on answer. it is easy to see what version of say IOS you have and what you can upgrade to but for Samsung, I can't find this information. it is also not just one Tablet, there have been many 3rd party public users who have tried to connect and they have all had the same issue, and they also know how to connect to a WIFI signal, we leave this to the owners to know and not necessarily us.

We would then also need the effected users to upgrade there own devices as we are not liable to support those.

Hope you can enlighten me.

Steve

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Stevekirk52. *looks at the date of the original post* Unsure if this is still an issue for you guys, but I can confirm that Android 4.2.2 is the latest official firmware for the GT-P3110 /Tab 2. 

One of those bits of odd know-how I picked up during my time in Samsung's Smartphone/Tablet tech support was that the time and date on a tablet affects the handshake with Wi-Fi routers. Checking that the time and date was set to the correct current local time very often got the two devices suddenly talking to each other again.

0 Likes