Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tab s8 +, face recognition setup problem.

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 09:34 PM)
Rachann
Apprentice
Options

As the subject indicates, I am having a problem with setting up face recognition on my new tab s8+ (SM-X800) .  After entering my pin I am on the Face Recognition/ continue page.  I rotate the device as per instructions, click on continue.  This opens a page with a round 'window' and a percentage indicator.  A vertical bar start scanning across the round window, gets part of the way, stops and the device resets.

I hope that is clear and understandable.

Thank you in anticipation.  

8 REPLIES 8
Members_CfpMq2m
Student
Options

Same problem, had to get a replacement tablet....just going through setup now and it has done the same thing. I think it's a software issue

Rachann
Apprentice
Options

Not good for a premium product🤐

0 Likes
Davesimm
First Poster
Options
Same problem also went through numerous steps with there support but did not work so returned for exchange just started set up on new device and the same issue again.
0 Likes
GrumpyD
First Poster
Options

I encountered the same issue. The tablet crashed and rebooted every time I try to set up facial recognition. This is after applying the most recent software update, which brings the security patch to May 2022.

upon opening the app, the facial recognition circle briefly stuck at 1%, with the animation frozen, without showing any part of my face, and then crash.

I think this is a software issue, as I checked the camera app and the images shown in the app, both front and back views, are sharp and clear. 

0 Likes
Solution
Rachann
Apprentice
Options

Looks like we have good news

Today there was an software update and the facial recognition is working properly.

If you were or having problems recording your face in facial recognition check for an software update.😊

0 Likes
Fred-san
First Poster
Options

Today brand new out of the box Tab S8 Ultra, wifi model with 512GB storage. Applied all patches. Try to setup face ID, it stops at 0% and 10 seconds later black screen. Cannot switch it on again, reset or shutdown also not working. Calling Samsung support, their answer: make an appointment online for replacement / repair. Needless to say, I am very disappointed! ☹️

0 Likes
myusrn
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new tab s8+ (SM-X800) and im able to configure biometrics | face recognition | face data but i'm unable to switch the "face unlock [ / enable ]" switch from off to on as it s greyed out / disabled. Just spent time with samsung support person who had me use about tablet | reset | reset all settings to see if that addressed it and it made no difference.

The finger print setup's "fingerprint unlock [ / enable ]" switch works fine. The camera works fine for setting up face recognition and other apps that use it.

Any thoughts on what else could be causing this and how to resolve it?

0 Likes
myusrn
First Poster
Options

. . . my situation was resolved by removing intune work profile as discussed in Solved: Galaxy S22 Ultra Face Unlock Greyed out and not wo... - Samsung Community - 2376057

0 Likes