Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tab s7+: I can't draw on parts of the screen

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 03:18 AM)
KingArdbeg
Apprentice
Options

First let me just say i'm really enjoying my S7+ for the most part, but today I noticed there are two areas towards the top of my screen that don't allow me to draw properly.

I can physically draw in the spots but the brush marks are almost trying to avoid it and a lot more pressure is required to actually make a mark. The problem only occurs when drawing, I can open apps and interact with things in those areas with my finger, so it seems to just be a problem with drawing; however, that is the main thing I use the tablet for so it is very annoying. The best way to illustrate my problem is to just show you this screenshot. Note how there are two spots where the pen doesn't really register, and the lines almost bends around the spots.

SmartSelect_20201225-024830_Clip Studio.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @KingArdbeg, let's try with a Hardware Test: From the tablet dialler, enter *#0*#, then Select Touch. Place your finger screen and trace the pattern, does your device register your touch correctly? If those areas are not highlighted correctly, it is possible that the case or cover of your tablet has one or more magnets that are interfering with the correct functioning of the display. Please remove the case or cover and try drawing again to see if the issue is resolved.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @KingArdbeg, let's try with a Hardware Test: From the tablet dialler, enter *#0*#, then Select Touch. Place your finger screen and trace the pattern, does your device register your touch correctly? If those areas are not highlighted correctly, it is possible that the case or cover of your tablet has one or more magnets that are interfering with the correct functioning of the display. Please remove the case or cover and try drawing again to see if the issue is resolved.

KingArdbeg
Apprentice
Options
Oh man, its the magnets in the case! thanks a lot for the help.
VictoryStar527
First Poster
Options

What was the brand of the case with magnets?

0 Likes
KingArdbeg
Apprentice
Options
It was Jelly Comb
0 Likes
VictoryStar527
First Poster
Options

Thank you. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
runemaster
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same problem and tried scribbling on the screen like this - both with the case on and case off. Thank-you so much! It this seems like it was the magnets in my situation too! PHEW, so glad I found this thread, saved myself an expensive purchase 🤣 p.s. my case is procase for 12.4" s7 FE