Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S6 Lite Spen rotation issue

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 06:32 AM)
MatsHolmberg
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I recently got the S6 Lite for drawing use but there's an annoying issue with the Spen. I'd like to know if this is a Samsung bug or if I have a faulty device.

My Spen recognizes tilt and rotation (or heading of the pen) but the rotation is backwards. So when rotating the (tilted) pen clockwise every app seems to interpret that as a counter-clockwise rotation. This renders the tilt functionality pretty much useless. Can someone confirm and/or give me pointers as to what to do or where to go from here?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Pilgo
Apprentice
Options

Some apps don't use the "orientation" input of the sensors. They ignore it and just read the tilt. Other apps make use of the orientation in only a few set of brushes. So you have to know which is which when testing.

This orientation / tilt issue makes impossible to do things like this: https://youtu.be/pMC0Cx3Uk84?t=242 .And that is doable in ALL other s-pen Samsung released for the past few years. 

0 Likes
ncog
Apprentice
Options

After more testing you are right, I was mistaken in thinking it was a tilt issue at first when it's orientation tracking problem.

0 Likes
MatsHolmberg
Journeyman
Options

I contacted Samsung business support some time ago and after a rather lenghty discussion I was promised a fix in an upcoming update. Today I finally saw a pending update on my Tab S6 Lite and with that the rotation issue got resolved. So case closed, at least as far as I am concerned.

Pilgo
Apprentice
Options

Those are great news, my friend. Many thanks for sharing.

The Note 10 Lite users still haven't gotten any updates, but this sure give us some hope, since Samsung is strongly refusing to replace for another (working) model.

MatsHolmberg
Journeyman
Options

FYI, while describing the issue to the support representative, I raised your concerns with the Note 10 Lite too (on more than one occasion). I also sent links to this thread and the videos regarding the Note 10 Lite. So one would think they fixed it for everyone, but let me know how it goes.

0 Likes