Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab Pro SM-T520

(Topic created on: 10-01-2017 07:21 AM)
Barron57
First Poster
Options

Will any software updates ever be made available for this? I am still on Android 4.4.2

4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi Barron57! :smileyhappy:

No current info on firmware updates for that Tab Pro, but Samsung are commited to providing security updates so you'll still be getting periodic updates for it.

0 Likes
KeithT
Student
Options

I have the same query and having looked on the internet, it seems many other owners of this tablet have too. There never seems to have been a direct answer from Samsung though. The questions I would like a definite answer to are firstly, is the version of Android (currently 4.4.2) ever going to be updated, and secondly, is the SM-T520 still actually supported by Samsung or is it out of support now?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're not able to give you an answer on the firmware update we're afraid @KeithT, however, we will continue to offer support for all Samsung products, old and new.

0 Likes
KeithT
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply, ChrisM. I interpret your answer as 'no plans for any further Android updates', especially as none have been received in over two years. If this is the case, it seems to be a pity as periodically, my tablet stops working almost completely and only a factory reset sorts it out. This doesn't seem to be right and I can't help feeling a more up to date version of the operating system might help in this respect. I would be very interested to hear why no more Android updates are planned for the SM-T520.

0 Likes