Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tab E SM-T560

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 09:03 AM)
Blackandamber
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help.  My tablet SM-T560 has started re-booting, but I can't seem to sort the problem.

Intially started when the battery was droping towards 30%, the screen would crash, split the screen so the top half was at the bottom or get a few lines down the middle, then turn off.  I'd then have problems turing it back on so would have to do the power and volume down to spark it back to life.  sometimes the screen still had a dull light  and wasnt completly black, so was still drawing power.

Started happening more regular so in the end, I ordered a new battery after trouble shooting online. Before this I deleted the partition and did a factory reset.

Replaced the battery but its still either dead, or boots for a few minutes, showing full charge now, then crashes and wont restart. It now seems to not want to restart at all, but it cant be the battery!

I've tried:-

holding power

holding power plus volume down

holding power, volume up, home button

trickle charging via laptop (now and again this brings it to the battery/charge screen)

different cables and plugs

Disconnecting the battery and leaving for 48 hours

disconnecting internal cables an reconecting to chack if an out of line

Its still in good condition and never been dropped.  Can anyone recomend anything else to try?

I'm guessing it must be something gone internally, but wanted to try here first before giving up and binning it!

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ok.

I had read what you said. First is the new battery an official samsung one?

Backup your data by copying important files/photos on your pc as well as beacking up to cloud whatsapp messages etc.

Then power of the device and plug in it. Press volume up and home button and while keeping them pressed press also power button and keep everything pressed till you are into recovery mode. From there proceed with the hard reset option.

You will erase all data.

At that point re configure your device but still install no app and import no data from your pc. If the battery was original and you keep reboot the problem is 99.99 per cent due to a faulty logic board.

At that point you should think about a board swap or a new tablet.

Let me know

Blackandamber
Apprentice
Options

OK, thank you for the reply. I will give it a go when I get chance and update you to how it went. I have a feeling it will be the logic board. The battery is Samsung branded.
I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again.

Blackandamber
Apprentice
Options

Hi Archer,

Thanks for your help with this, just an update for you.

Did another restore, unfortunately it didnt even get through all the initial set up before the tablet re-booted.  Tried a couple of times and the same thing hapening.  Guessing its the logic board.  Annoying as its not like its been dropped or anything, but I suppose things are made to fail nowadays to keep you buying new, rather then in the past things were made to last!  I wil be looking at a different brand for the replacement this time round as I would have expected a longer life.

Thank you for your help, at least I feel I've tried all I can to get it working again.

Regards

Simon

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you too.

Have a nice day:winking-face: