Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab E SM-T560

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 09:48 AM)
Allie-1812
First Poster
Options

Hi guys and girls

I recently brought a Tab E, and asked what the software was like as my old Tab 3 was slow and would no longer allow me to update. I have two questions :

1. How often does the Tab E update?

2. Can I manually update myself to get a higher software?

Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Allie-1812,

1. Operating system updates are released periodically for your device. We are not able to confirm the exact time frame.

2. Please note that the type and version of available updates will depend on your model and region.

Which software version is your Tab E on at the moment? You can check this in Settings > About device. Once you confirm this, I can check if there are any Android updates available.
0 Likes
Allie-1812
First Poster
Options

It's currently 4.4.4

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for that. I can see that this tablet is already on the latest Android version available for it. You won't be able to update this further. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Allie-1812
First Poster
Options

So there won't be any more updates now? Any idea why the guy at the shop said it would be good for 3-4 more years before the updates stop?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
There won't be any more Android updates. Can you just confirm where are you based? Don't have to mention specific area, just the country would do. There may be regional variances in the updates available.
0 Likes
Allie-1812
First Poster
Options

West Sussex, England.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for confirming. Yep, this particular model already has the latest update available for it. There may be further security updates released from time to time.
0 Likes
Allie-1812
First Poster
Options

No problem. What should I do about getting the version 5.0 in future? Upgrade to a new tablet altogether?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Check out either our Samsung UK site, or reputable retailers near you for tablets that have 5.0 and higher.
0 Likes