Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TAB 7 tablet opening problem

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 12:39 PM)
Lalli3
First Poster
Options

Could someone help me. I've bought a table to my mother as a birthday present. Now her tablet doesn't open. The pin code doesn't work, which she has been using without problems for the last 6 months. I don't know for sure, but the tablet might have shut down for the first time so that she had to recharge it. Is it so that Samsung tablet always requires a an opening pin code (typically 0000 or 111 like for smartphones)? It might be the reason for the situation, i.e. my mother might have forgotten that she needs to give the opening pin-code before she gives her own pin code for opening the screen. Does anyone know, how to force a shut down without the pin-code also for the shut down? Actually, I don't remember any of my earlier Android smartphones or tablets, which needed a pin-code verification for the shut down. You just had to keep pushing down the power button long enough. I would appreciate someone's advice.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Lalli3: If she has assigned her own personal Lock Screen PIN, then try heading to Find My Mobile via an internet browser, signing the Samsung account she has registered to the tablet, and it may be possible to remotely unlock the device from here, depending on her Security settings. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Lalli3
First Poster
Options

Thank you Andrew. I am afraid I can't find her Samsung Account. Was it necessary to create one when the tablet was opened for the first time? I've tried to find the account with her gmail address, but Samsung didn't recognize such a gmail account.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I think it was necessary from memory to create an account with Samsung, mainly for support via this app (I did use my gmail). There's no PIN screen to start the tablet by default, only one to enter to unlock the tablet when it has booted with the PIN i set myself.
0 Likes