Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 09:51 AM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Pedalwood
First Poster
Options

The update has just become available for download here in Oz. I've installed it and the wifi issue appears to be fixed! 

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
Hi MKRUS!

tried to post this three times but Samsung servers reject it!

I hope Samsung USA Support help you. I also hope the contents of this document help!

Ofiaich

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T720/BTU/doc.html
0 Likes
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

So, finally the update arrived yesterday. My observation is that it works somewhat faster now. It also connects to WiFi automatically especially after shutdown overnight. Still have a problem with the Lock screen when at home, have to figure that out. I think that the bug lied with Google, and Samsung having been part of  it. Both too slow to recognize the problem. Why I don't know. Quality seems to be a foreign word to most large companies. Profit is NOT. Think a moment about it....

0 Likes
Ersholt
Student
Options

Yes, after the update it can finally connect to wifi by itself after boot. Amazing technology.

No, the WiFi signal sensivity hasn't improved. I can still only see my own WiFi router when scanning for networks. Before (on Android 9) it showed my neighbors' networks as well. And I still have a weak connection right outside my house. 

I'm not impressed at all. 

janeway
Journeyman
Options

Yep, having the same problems as most folks.  However, even with the update, the range I can be away from the router is appalling.  I can't do a zoom meeting outwith the same room as the router, even then I still get dropouts.  I am now looking at investing in an USB C to Ethernet adapter - anyone tried one??  I have tried 3 different routers now and it makes no difference.  No other device has this problem and I have quite a few low usage devices eg cameras attached.

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
hi Janeway, the only unhelpful advice I can offer is to perform a backup and then do a factory reset. a clean install might solve the issues.

I think the USB c to Ethernet adaptor should work well. some have USB a slots to allow flash drives to be accessed.

ofiaich
janeway
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Ofiaich, good to know.

Blessings all.

J

jonathan9999
First Poster
Options

Good day! 
I'm also having that same issue now, I'm using Samsung a10s for 4 years, and for some reason, the WIFI just kept on turning off whenever I'm turning it on. I did try to use the methods I saw on youtube. The reset helped me yesterday but today it's the same. It's not turning on . 

0 Likes