Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 19-09-2020 08:29 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

I know, it was an attempt, not more. However, this morning it did not switch on automatically, then I shut it down, waited a few minutes and started again and it switched WiFi on. Big, big question mark, why and what is going going on here. There must be some Samsung employee reading this. Why don't they comment on this? Are they aware of the issue?

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

My tablet occasionally picks up my WiFi when I switch on.  I think we need to contact Samsung support and keep on pestering them about this issue. I have reported it 12 times now!

Ofiaich 

MKRUS
Explorer
Options

How have you contacted  the issue/problem? I like to join. On the other hand, I am asking myself whether this issue occurred on other Samsung products as well, when they were upgraded from Android 9 to 10! Also, does it happen on new Samsung products delivered with Android 10? And thirdly, does it happen possibly only Galaxy tablet 5Se being upgraded?

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung here in Australia and the person I spoke to did not know of the issue!   I was told to take my tablet to the Samsung Service Centre.  When I said that the issue was an Android 10 issue and that my wife's tablet as well as mine were effected she didn't want to know.  

I don't think Samsung care about the issue or their customers.

0 Likes
Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

Yes, MKRUS .... Same issue on our two Samsung Galaxy Tab S4's after android 10 update.

0 Likes
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

Oh, this is interesting! Another product is also impacted by this problem. This indicates that it is a software problem, and NOT a hardware problem!. The Samsung moderator of this forum or any Samsung employee reading this, should escalate the issue/problem in the interest of all Samsung customers to the responsible Samsung management. In the interest of customer satisfaction, an immediate fix is necessary! That is what Samsung owes to its customers. I bet that there are many, many thousands of customers out there who do not know what to make of this. Samsung you may lose them!!!

MKRUS
Explorer
Options

I made another observation: Starting the tablet in the morning and then manually connecting, keeps the connection in this way for whole day: shutting off and then starting again will automatically connect to one's home network. I did it several times a day. However, shutting it off for the hight , and starting next morning requires again a manual reconnection. I don't know of course what it means, but it indicates something with the Android OS 10 (upgrade) is not working correctly. Again my appeal to Samsung to look into the issue/problem, and explain it or come up with a fix.

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

I think the issue is more complicated.   The upgrade to Android 10 has introduced instability to the WiFi function on the Tab S5e tablet as many people are experiencing different effects.   For example both my wife's tablet and my tablet require the WiFi to be turned off and on after every start.  Other people are reporting that the WiFi drops out for no reason.   I have contacted Samsung and spoke to a technical assistant but they did not know of the problem and couldn't assist me other than to suggest I take the tablet to a Samsung technical centre.  I have a feeling that Samsung will not fix this problem.

0 Likes
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

I just went to this website: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/service-center/ , go to the lower part, where you find 

Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.

There are three choices to contact Samsung. Choosing Email will open a new website, choose General Support, and write you concerns. I have started my description the the Mod No, Serial No, which is found in Settings > About Tablet, then go to Software Information, open it and give the complete "Service provider SW ver." Make a clear statement what is happening: Tablet is automatically reconnecting to Wi-Fi, and then what needs to be done to connect. Apeal to Samsung to proved a fix or at least give an explanation.

I did that , and hope to get something. If they do not answer or there reply is not satisfactory you may escalate to the CEO. Whether that works is a bit questionable but worth a try. The more people do this, the more success we may have.

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
hi! I have contacted Samsung in the same way as I posted a few posts back. No response. I did not escalate to the CEO because I don't have much free time. I work on the front line against Covid-19.

I will contact Samsung support on my next day off.
ofiaich
0 Likes