Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 07:30 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Larches
Explorer
Options

Agreed. I've seen numerous other threads where it appears someone from Samsung has been helpful enough to advise, but there seems to be deafening silence from the fine folk at Samsung on this one. As a first-time Samsung tablet customer, I'm pretty dismayed that my tablet is not fit-for-purpose as the WiFi signal is so problematic, so it would make all the difference just to have the problem acklowledged officially and to know that a fix is being worked on for everyone affected (the 'how you hold it' issue is widely documented, but there seems to be a wider or additional problem with WiFi on this model, going by the various threads online reporting similar connectivity issues).

Saerwynn
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to say I have the same problem after the Android 10 update.

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

No.  I'm waiting for Samsung to fix their problem. 

0 Likes
kkayadi
Journeyman
Options

My s5e also exhibits same issues with wi fi disconnecting when tablet switches off.

I have done a factory re set thinking it was my problem, but still fault exhibits.

Done another factory re set this time NOT installing any further apps... problem still exists

0 Likes
AlohaGirl
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. It started after the most recent update from Samsung. I've determined it has nothing to do with my router or network and I've done everything recommended in various threads including Reset Network Settings, Forced Restart, and Clear Cache. Some of those actions resulted in connection to my network but it was never maintained for more than a few hours. then the original problem would repeat.

Prior to the last update, Searching for Available Networks would show 5 or 6 networks. Now it just shows one, my next-door neighbor's network. I just went through the usual routine and got connection to my network again only when my device was relatively close to my router. Logic would point to this last update causing some change to the range or sensitivity of the WiFi reception. I don't have a solution for this other than the obvious ones, upgrading or boosting the router. Would love to hear from others if you find another solution or identify a different causation.

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I think we have to wait for an Android 10 patch. I also think it's worthwhile if  members keep reporting it to Samsung support!

Ofiaich! 

0 Likes
Larches
Explorer
Options

Sounds very similar to my situation, although if you by 'last update' you're referring to the patch that was released in the last few weeks, mine was having the problem even before that patch was applied. 😕

Would be great if one of the Samsung representatives could hop on here and acknowledge the problem & say what's being done about it..?

0 Likes
GrampaBill
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Samsung Tab 5se. After Android 10 update, tablet will not connect to Wi-Fi automatically at boot up. Wi-Fi is turned on, but there is no internet and no network. I have to turn Wi-Fi off and on again to fix the issue. Glad I found this thread. I had done a lot of troubleshooting, to include those steps taken by Ofiaich. Was about to do a factory reset. Since this seems to affect the 5se across the board, I will wait for a fix.

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

Hi GrampaBill!

The factory reset did not fix the Wi-Fi issue but a clean reinstall has its benefits!  My S5e automatically connects to Wi-Fi once in approximately 15 times after I power it up!

I have free time later so will try to find a Samsung Technical Support number and call them.

Ofiaich! 

0 Likes
Cartaphilus
Journeyman
Options

Same issue on my Tab S5e (no wifi at startup). Last week I had issues connecting to a hotel's free wifi signal. My Samsung Note 10+ could easily connect to the hotel's wifi, but my tab s5e couldn't retrieve the list of available networks. Every now and then the list became visible for a second or so and immediately dropped. Never was able to get connected...

(running on the latest version T720XXU1BTG3 / T720OXM1BTF7)

0 Likes