Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 29-07-2020 04:35 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options
Build Number : T725XXU1BTG3
Android version : Q(Android 10)
Release Date : 2020-07-22
Security patch level : 2020-06-01
0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

What app did you download?  Does it switch the WiFi on from startup or just keep it on?

Ofiaich 

0 Likes
PedroUK
Journeyman
Options
My WiFi is switched on already at startup but at the bottom of the screen it says 'no Internet'. If I don't notice this and then try to open an Internet dependant app, I learn then, when it doesn't load, that I have no Internet though my blue WiFi icon is still showing. At this point, I switch WiFi off and on again and Internet is restored. You'd have thought they'd sort this one out PDQ, wouldn't you.
AJ66
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem, i have 2 Samsung S5e tablets and it has the same problem on both devices.

I have tried everything to correct this problem but nothing works.

So I guess its watch this space :winking-face:

0 Likes
luizluca
First Poster
Options

My issue is a little bit worse: it crashes. I have two AP with fast roaming. When I stay in a place where both AP are weak, android crashes. It never happened with android 9

0 Likes
Pedalwood
First Poster
Options

my S5e just downloaded and installed the patch https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T720/XSA/doc.html. initial indications are good- wifi has been on and stable for  several hours.

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I have that patch and still have to switch Wi-Fi off then on again to get connected!

Ofiaich 

0 Likes
Grezzer61
Apprentice
Options

Downloaded patch couple days ago......still had to toggle wifi on/off this morning to see any wifi networks after switching on😫? Seems to have have been stable throughout day, no problems coming out of sleep mode but, but problem always been intermittent.

0 Likes
Pedalwood
First Poster
Options

My experience is the same. Wifii needs to be turned off/on after start up. Once running it is stable and has good signal strength.

0 Likes
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Currently away for the weekend and I'm not getting the same wifi issue that I am at home.

I'm thinking it might be an issue with the SSID not being split on my home router. So it's picking up both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz and hitting a conflict. Do any of you have your SSID's split? If not, it might be worth testing.

0 Likes