Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 01:32 AM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options
A firmware update in the UK yesterday apparently improved wifi connectivity and stability, but the problem still persists.
0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I have updated 2 S5e tablets this morning and will monitor the WiFi.  

My problems were WiFi not switching on when the tablet was switched on and the WiFi dropping. I will monitor it over the weekend.  

I do have a mobile engineer booked for Wednesday 29th but I am not sure what such a visit will achieve when all was working on Android 9 and my tablet is up to date with Android 10.  

Ofiaich 

Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (since recent security patch?). After reboot - have to manually turn WiFi off & back on before it connects.

0 Likes
PedroUK
Journeyman
Options
I received the security patch update yesterday for my Tab s5e, but it hasn't solved the Wi-Fi issue. I have booted up twice this morning and in each case I had switch the Wi-Fi off and on again before I got an Internet connection. Back to the drawing board, Samsung!
0 Likes
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

My WiFi problem seems to have been resolved by the recent update, fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

hi!  Can you tell me details of the firmware update?

Engineer calling tomorrow!  Will be interesting to see what he/she says!

0 Likes
Grezzer61
Apprentice
Options

Have same S5e wifi issues as others since Android 10 update.......frequent no wifi networks showing at all on start up.....wifi on/off toggling necessary.....wifi lost when coming  out of sleep (S5e bookcover fitted)......wifi signal much weaker (connection speed always much slower) on S5e for both 2.4ghz & 5ghz than my old tab S when placed side by side using "Wifi Analyser". Also detects far fewer neighbours' wifi. Tried 3 different routers, no difference. Recent Samsung update seemed promising initially but issues still persist.

Have tried the usual "fixes" like everyone else, inc deleting partition cache but soon back to square one.

Be interesting to see what happens  with "Ofiaiach's" engineer visit.....fingers crossed, perhaps a few more of these "real world" visits will help Samsung come up with proper fix rather than having to rely on lab data.S5e lower graphS5e lower graphS5e lower graphS5e lower graph

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

The engineers van broke down.  Probably running on Vandroid 10 ! 

Rebooked his visit for Monday 3rd August!

Ofiaich

Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

Spoke too soon,  WiFi problem still exists! 

0 Likes
Grezzer61
Apprentice
Options

Oh no 😢.  You couldn't  script that could you..........."Vandroid 10"........BRILLIANT