Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung - Parts Quality Severely Lacking These Days

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 09:46 AM)
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
My Tab A7 has backlight bleed along three sides with one more noticeable even on light applications now. I don't use it heavily either, or have the screen on for hours at a time.

It's out of warranty now and I've no intention of paying for a new screen to be fitted.

The same happened with my Mother's Amazon Fire after 5 years, not 2.

As and when the battery packs up as well it will be the last Samsung device I'll ever purchase. My 7 year old TV still works okay but I've seen so many horror stories on here with current TVs, Fridges, Washing Machines and handhelds there's no way I want to risk being ripped off due to incompetent QC and even worse customer service.

And before anyone says "what do you expect from an A series?" I'll just point out all the irate Fold/Flip customers with knackered screens less than a year after buying them.

Samsung rely on customer loyalty and the prestige of their name. However, they're riding their laurels and mugging customers off now with poorly designed and cheaply made goods for the same ridiculous prices
10 REPLIES 10
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Screens go wrong even on the most expensive things. I give you advice to cut the bleed. Then the brightness down. Every screen has back light bleed it can't be helped
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The brightness is already low and always has been about 40% since I got it
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Actually lower than 40% by the looks of itScreenshot_20221019-010824_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Turn off dark mode..you won't notice it so much. Its an old tablet what do you expect! If its out of warranty pay for a new screen if it bothers you than much or just ignore it.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
First off it's only just over two years old which is NOT an old tablet. Second you clearly did not read the fact it's visible on light backgrounds too. Dark mode is only on at night automatically. While I appreciate constructive advice I will ignore you instead since you're teaching a granny to suck eggs here. This is not my first rodeo with Android or IPS screens by a long shot. Just the first rubbish screen in an unexpected device. I also stated I won't be replacing the screen. Even my old Acer Iconia 7 had a better quality screen, I replaced that with this because the non-removable battery went. If my venting over this bothers you so much just ignore it. Respectfully I'll be ignoring any further contribution here from you. I did not ask for any advice after all.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
If you don't want advice they why put a post about it in a forum? Your tablet is cheap and old what do you expect. Next time buy a more expensive tablet. The cheaper the tablet the cheaper the screen..the cheaper the screen the mode bleed you will have. Don't want bleed again buy a more expensive tablet. I can't belive just how rude you acually are.. if you don't want advice don't make a post simple
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You're being rude and ignorant yourself. It wasn't a cheap tablet, it's mid-range and blaming people for not having £500+ to spend on an A Series with an OLED which wouldn't last any better because of screen burn is not acceptable behaviour on any forum. Take a long hard look at your own abrasive posts and attitude. I've noticed the same from you with other people's negative experience sharing previously. Clearly you have an issue when someone shares what's happened and it's not all sunshine and roses.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
You state you have a tab a7.. That's a cheap tablet at $147. What do you seriously expect for a sub $200 tablet? The tab a7 replaced the cheaper tab e. If you buy cheap you get cheap. Thos has a cheap lcd display and that's what cheap lcd displays do over time. 1 it's cheap 2 that cheap tablet is out of Warrenty 3 you don't get quality with cheaper devices. If you want a tablet to last longer next time spend a bit more..
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Mine was £230 with a book cover new. The book cover was £25, the cheaper model still exists from Samsung. Anyway, enough of your bull.
0 Likes