Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Incompatibility

(Topic created on: 19-09-2017 07:40 AM)
Oceanchild
First Poster
Options

I have just got my Note8. Best phone ever! But the handwritten notes I create on it cannot be edited on my Tab S3. I get a message saying that the versions of Samsung Notes are different. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly: Apple's Notes work cross tablet and phone; Evernote is the same app regardless of where your'e working; OneNote is truly cross-platform. Come on please Samsung sort this one out. I've paid top dollar for your flagship phones and tablets and this is not what I expected. 

27 REPLIES 27
wyattwolf
First Poster
Options

Recently brought the J6, was very impressed with it then totally bust it on a diving trip, my fault. Replaced it with another off ebay this time. Comes marked with EU stickers on it, probably why its so much cheaper (£142)than from the UK stores. Just reinstalled everything but noticed the notes icon was greyed out and when reinstall finished the notes icon was gone. Tried to download it from the samsung store...not compatible in this country!? So I'm guessing the EU phone is set differently from UK phones!? Sending it back as no happy as use notes quite a bit so its not fit for purpose in my eyes. So either buy another j6 from here or go back to apple which does appeal more depsite the ease of use etc the J6 cos then I know certain work...and why do so many android apps come with advertising compared to apple apps? 

0 Likes
Shilo111
First Poster
Options

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why I can sync notes from my S2 tab to my S8 phone, but not the other way around. I know this is a first world problem, but it's a real inconvenience and not what you'd expect from high priced electronics like these.

0 Likes
Loubie
First Poster
Options

Just bought the Note9 and found that the SNotes created by my Note4 cannot be edited. This is very frustrating. 

Samsung, are you planning to to fix this issue?   (I suspected that during the data transfer the  Smartswitch  had converted the notes to jpg so I manually moved an spd file into the Note9 and the results are the same... the Note9 does not process spd's created by a different device.  I'm looking into returning this $1000 brick ... 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Loubie. Did you ope the file using S Note or Samsung Notes? (I've just taken a look at a Note 8 and it has both apps on).

0 Likes
fanboydestroyer
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it has since been remedied. When I posted this, it wasn't the case, thanks.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear, @fanboydestroyer! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi I still cant download on the store. (Feb 2019)

However, the apk someone listed here worked fine! 

Thanks

0 Likes
Kevin000
Apprentice
Options

Two years on:

Same with Tab S7 and Galaxy 8.

One of the key things about Android is sharing. between devices... Samsung Notes is one of their flagship apps. Is it too much to ask that we can download the latest version onto our older hardware?